News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Event Registration Mod

Started by pftq, August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

Quote from: doughboy99 on December 06, 2011, 10:35:57 PM
because I have some other mods installed. Any ideas as to how I can get this to work for the Argentum2 theme?]]Thanks

check to see if the Argentum2 theme has it's own display.template.php file.  then check to see if all the edits were made to that theme. 

I'm confused by what you added this for.

QuoteCode: (Find) [Select]
   global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings;

Code: (Replace) [Select]
   global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl,
         $modSettings, $topic;

Did you make those manual edits already, or you having trouble doing them yourself?

doughboy99

Sorry for the confusion. These were manual edits I had to make to display.template.php for both the default theme and Argentm2. I'll check if any other edits were missed for the argentum2 theme.

doughboy99

I've checked and all the required edits seem to have been made to Argentum2's display,template.php. I've attached the file. I'd really like to get this working for this theme. Thanks again for any ideas.

Not sure if its related but I'm also getting this error when a topic is displayed

8: Undefined index: dateRegistered

File: /xxxxxxx/Sources/Display.php
Line: 628

doughboy99

It turns out the Argentum2 theme has a display2.template.php file which needs the same edits as its display.template.php file. Adding them sorted the problem.

The Undefined index: dateRegistered error seems to be related to event attendees added as a group by the Admin Register option. If you do this the dateRegistered field isn't filled in for the attendees.

hcfwesker

Quote from: doughboy99 on December 07, 2011, 04:26:58 AMThe Undefined index: dateRegistered error seems to be related to event attendees added as a group by the Admin Register option. If you do this the dateRegistered field isn't filled in for the attendees.

Yeah, getting these errors all over the place.

http://www.brawldomain.com/index.php?topic=12953.0

File: /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/Sources/Display.php

HoverClub

Hi,

I've just had an newly written SMF2 version of this mod approved by the customisation team (it's taken two months!) - you can find it HERE .  It's an SMF2 only version that can use the SMF2 paid subscription system to take event entry fee payments from members when they confirm an event.  Apart from that, it does everything the SMF1 version does expect take guest registration as guests can't make payments. Thanks to ptfq for allowing use of some some code from the original version.

3fifty

Great mod.  Thanks for the hard work.

pftq

So I'm wrapping up a few changes for the next update.  So far I have:
- Fixed broken html and some general notice/errors from SMF1 to SMF2 port.
- Changed default event options to no attendees (disabled event registration), allowing guests, and allowing comments.
- Reworded some options (Days Before Event) to be more easily understood.

The rewording is on these:
'Sort Signups X Days Before Event:';
'Ask Confirmations X Days Before Event:';
'Close Signups X Days Before Event:';
"Admin Register" to "Batch Signups"

Is there any other that shoud be changed? I think "Allow Comments" and "Allow Guests" are quite self-explanatory.  :P Is "Multiple Signups Per Member" ok or is that a bit confusing?

@doughboy: Is the error you're getting theme-specific or from the mod? I didn't get any notices on my end from the Admin Register page.

OCJ

Looks ok ...

The only thing I can see that doesnt look so clear is the + sign. For waiting list I think something like  "waitlist" or "waiting list", before or after name is better.
Uhm, wait-list before name is clear. But if things like confirmed and unconfirmed in brackets after  that location would be best.

9. name (unconfirmed)
10. name (confirmed)
11. name (waiting list)

'Ask For Confirmation X Days Before Event:';

"Allow Comments" and "Allow Guests"
"Multiple Signups Per Member" ...

Looks a lot better!

doughboy99

Hi I Can't retest just now. I'll reinstall the mod on a test site later today and retry. From memory the error was occurring using both the default and Argentum 2 themes.

pftq

Quote from: igirisjin on December 26, 2011, 04:31:40 AM
Looks ok ...

The only thing I can see that doesnt look so clear is the + sign. For waiting list I think something like  "waitlist" or "waiting list", before or after name is better.
Uhm, wait-list before name is clear. But if things like confirmed and unconfirmed in brackets after  that location would be best.

9. name (unconfirmed)
10. name (confirmed)
11. name (waiting list)

'Ask For Confirmation X Days Before Event:';

"Allow Comments" and "Allow Guests"
"Multiple Signups Per Member" ...

Looks a lot better!

Ah the waitlist part - that was in the original mod before I took over so I kind of took it for granted. XD  I'll take a look how that is working and see how I can improve it.

@doughboy: When you do, please let me know, thanks.

doughboy99

I've set up a new test site using  a copy of my main sites files and dayabase.

I'm getting errors   like

xxxx/eforum/index.php?topic=735.msg2598

File: xxxx/eforum/Sources/Display.php

The error seems to be connected with the "Sort Signups X Days Before Event" option becoming active. It occurs whether the Signups were made via the batch option or not. I originally thought it might have something to do with the batch option as this doesnt enter a value into the DateRegistered field of the Calendar_Reg table .

hcfwesker

Quote from: doughboy99 on December 26, 2011, 07:33:08 PMI'm getting errors   like

xxxx/eforum/index.php?topic=735.msg2598

File: xxxx/eforum/Sources/Display.php

Of all the updates to the MOD being planned, this , to me, is the most important.  We get almost 400 errors a day from just this error on event registration enabled topics.

pftq

Quote from: doughboy99 on December 26, 2011, 07:33:08 PM
The error seems to be connected with the "Sort Signups X Days Before Event" option becoming active. It occurs whether the Signups were made via the batch option or not. I originally thought it might have something to do with the batch option as this doesnt enter a value into the DateRegistered field of the Calendar_Reg table .

That helped a lot.  Thanks - It was indeed only showing up if you used the Sorting, which also didn't happen to work in the first place (early confirmations got bumped to waitlist first).  Both issues are fixed now.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2024

Any other changes, just let me know. :)

OCJ

Worked well. I wonder if the guest registration will get spam though?
Also no email input unless by public comment. If it worked like smf allowing guest posting with hidden email so that the organizer could email them as well.

Might be asking a lot to secure it with some kind of captcha.
Sounds like a lot of work ...
Andy

doughboy99

The sort is working without generating messages for me now. Existing events with attendees are however sorting with confirmed attendees still at the bottom of the wait list. Not a big deal for me as this is a test site.

Personally I'd prefer Allow Guests to default to No as that is the usual case for us. We wouldn't want to accidentally allow guests on Dive Trips.
It would be very useful to have a default text for Terms and Conditions. Even a text string in Modifications.english.php that we could edit manually would be a help.
For me the Sort Signups X Days Before Event:  and  Close Signups X Days Before Event: are superfluous(at least for most dive trips where we know in advance what the available number of spaces is). If we have spaces we want to fill them if at even at the last minute. Close Sign ups defaults to zero days before event but for us an option to set Sort Signups X Days Before Event: to at once would be great. That way you can see who is committed to a trip and get some money from them.

ostgardh

Nice mod.

But I can not get the comment function to work.
When I add a comment is not add in the database.

Is possible to write in "Comment" field but after post none comment shows.

I tried to change an event in sql and add one Commented there.
Then I could see a Comment in event.

Does anyone know what it could be?

//P Ost

SMF 2.0.2
Event Registration Mod = 0.177 BETA

OCJ

Not so sure a fixed terms and conditions would be good for everyone. For a single 'club conditions' to guests useful but some of our members who organize also have their own conditions for each event.

pftq

Quote from: ostgardh on December 27, 2011, 09:59:17 AM
Nice mod.

//P Ost

SMF 2.0.2

Any errors in the Admin Log?

ostgardh

Quote from: pftq on December 27, 2011, 10:35:35 AM
Quote from: ostgardh on December 27, 2011, 09:59:17 AM
Nice mod.

//P Ost

SMF 2.0.2

Any errors in the Admin Log?

No error in Admin log.

//O

Advertisement: