News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Event Registration Mod

Started by pftq, August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doughboy99

Quote from: igirisjin on December 27, 2011, 10:19:49 AM
Not so sure a fixed terms and conditions would be good for everyone. For a single 'club conditions' to guests useful but some of our members who organize also have their own conditions for each event.

Your right that the terms and conditions might change for individual event but in that case you could change the terms when they were shown in the Edit Event window. It just means for us at least that most of the time Terms and Conditions wouldnt need chamging/adding when creating an new event.

pftq

I'm thinking of caching previous settings so whatever you set it last time will just be the default - same w/ other settings.

doughboy99

Quote from: ostgardh on December 27, 2011, 09:59:17 AM
Is possible to write in "Comment" field but after post none comment shows.

I tried to change an event in sql and add one Commented there.
Then I could see a Comment in event.

Actually I'm seeing this behaviour too. Entered comments aren't being written to the calendar_reg table. Hadn't noticed before as I hadn't tried comments.

pftq

They seem to be working here for me - can you give me more details (whether as a guest, signing up logged in, etc)?

I'm thinking it might be that the database columns haven't been set to lowercase for SMF2 - are you using MySQL or another database format?

ostgardh

Quote from: pftq on December 27, 2011, 01:32:04 PM
They seem to be working here for me - can you give me more details (whether as a guest, signing up logged in, etc)?

I'm thinking it might be that the database columns haven't been set to lowercase for SMF2 - are you using MySQL or another database format?

MySQL Server 5.0.51a-24
No guest.

Omniverse

Liking this mod.

If I may add a couple suggestions...

I would prefer the comments to have their own column rather than being below the name. Makes the list look weird when some have comments, some don't. Makes the comments easier to read in my opinion as well.

I would also love to have the date they signed up shown in a column as well.

Just a couple thoughts.

I like your idea for caching settings and using it for the next.... perhaps even one step further and allow saving of 'template settings' where you could have several preset events to choose from to post. Just another thought. :)

Great job so far.

hcfwesker

Thank you very much for fixing the "Undefined index: dateRegistered" error.  :)

Fdrost

Hi,

Is it possible to create a print button (not the printscreen button) that prints the registered members (with information from the profile) so i can check that everybody is accounted for without any computer?

I want to use this for a dive roster like this :

Kindred

very nice, pftq...   I had an old mod for early 1.1.5 that did something similar, but you've done a bang-up job of moving beyond what I even had planned. :)

question:
Is there an admin screen to set defaults for the registration fields?

I'd love to be able to set the basic defaults for my board in each of the ERM settings...
Max Attendants:
Ask Confirmations X Days Before Event:
Sort Signups X Days Before Event: 
Close Signups X Days Before Event:
One Member Can Sign Up Multiple Names:
Allow Guests:
Allow Comments:
Terms and Conditions:

I'd also like to be able to set the permissions per group.
(i.e. I have two groups that can create events, but only one of those groups should be able to create events with registration.)

Any chance?   lol....   I know how annoying it is for users to keep asking for more, so do note that I am just asking, not demanding or anything else. :)

edit/add-
Question ---   Several users say that they have left comments (and I tried as well) but I don't see the comments anywhere...    Where should comments be displayed?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pftq

@Fdrost: I actually do that with my own sites but using another CMS I integrated with SMF.  I can set up a brief printview for the members data though on the next update.

I'm actually not sure how to implement the permissions per group, so I'm not putting that too high on the priority right now.  If someone wants to help or look into it, let me know.

The comments should show up under the signed up name on the list.  There have been several mentions already that comments aren't posting - not too sure why yet because I'm not able to replicate it on my end using a clean install of SMF2.

For default settings, I will start off with caching the most recent settings first and see how that works out - we can then move from there.

Fdrost

That's very nice! thanks...that's is very helpfull!

Greetings,

Ferry

Quote from: pftq on January 02, 2012, 06:02:07 PM
@Fdrost: I actually do that with my own sites but using another CMS I integrated with SMF.  I can set up a brief printview for the members data though on the next update.

I'm actually not sure how to implement the permissions per group, so I'm not putting that too high on the priority right now.  If someone wants to help or look into it, let me know.

The comments should show up under the signed up name on the list.  There have been several mentions already that comments aren't posting - not too sure why yet because I'm not able to replicate it on my end using a clean install of SMF2.

For default settings, I will start off with caching the most recent settings first and see how that works out - we can then move from there.

floomp

Hey pftq, I think I introduced an embarrassing bug when I ported ERM to SMF 2. Starting at line 122 in modification.xml:

<add><![CDATA[ // function to compare confirmed attendants
function cmpCA($a, $b)
{
if ($a['dateConfirmed'] == $b['dateConfirmed']) {
return ($a['dateRegistered'] > $b['dateRegistered']) ? -1 : 1;
}

The second line from the bottom should be using a < instead of >, I think.

Fdrost

Wich CMS did you use?

Quote from: Fdrost on January 03, 2012, 06:26:51 PM
That's very nice! thanks...that's is very helpfull!

Greetings,

Ferry

Quote from: pftq on January 02, 2012, 06:02:07 PM

jan.van.gent

Is this mod available in different languages (dutch for example)?

mad.cadter

I installed this mod (0.174) to SMF 1.1.13.  Looks like everything installed successful, but when I go to the calender to create an event or create a post, I am not seeing the option to enable registration.   It is probably something simple I am missing.

Suggestions?

hcfwesker

Read the READ ME file, you have to change some settings in the Calendar setting in AdminCP to make it work properly.  And you have to assign a board that created events will post to.

mad.cadter

Turns out it is because I was using "Classic YaBB SE Theme" instead of the "default" theme.   Thanks for the response.

Zirc

How difficult would it be to add in a start and end time for each event?

leratg

Damn, 2 bugs found in a few minutes.
- When you set Terms and Conditions, the comments are not saved.
- And the most annoying, you can insert html code in comment field and certainly sql orders...

It is a very annoying bug, it is recommend to set off the comments on this mod version.

Kindred

ok... 

My first test event comes due this week.
I have users signed up and onto the waiting list.

Confirmation was supposed to be announced 10 days before the event and signup closed 5 days before the event.
No confirmation email or PM was sent.... and the ability to confirm got shut off once signup closed.

The first part is definitely a bug.

regarding comments - wow... that should have been caught in the mod review process.... if true, that is definitely a security issue.
pftq - please release  a security update which sanitizes the HTML code in comments ASAP...
(leratg... if you have evidence of this more than just a comment, please submit it here in this post or submit it to the customize team in a security report of the mod.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: