News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Event Registration Mod

Started by pftq, August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deju

Having the same problem on SMF 2.0.9

Quote from: Leftie on May 07, 2014, 08:02:13 AM
I'm running SMF 2.0.7 with Event Registration Mod version 0.177 BETA installed.

Apparently, I'm getting a problem with reverse order of registrations, because if I unregister from a full event and then re-register, I'm not put on the Waitlist, but rather in spot #1.
Our users are having way too much fun with this behaviour and we obviously can't let them enjoy the forum like this. Is there a simple fix I can do myself?

[Edit]Just stating explicitly that the event in question is fully booked already.

pftq

Sorry for the late reply.  It's been a busy year, and this slipped my radar.  If anyone else wants to help maintain the mod, more than fine with me.

Regarding reverse order, I looked into this several times and wasn't able to reproduce the issue (signed up pftq first, then reregistered, did the same with test1, etc).  See the test board below:
http://www.pftq.com/smf/smf2/index.php?topic=3.0

If someone can let me know more details on the steps or try it on the test forum above, that would be helpful.

Quote1. Maybe I'm missing something but is there a way to have the mod email the person that registered for an event?
2. The Event Signup list would be extra great if it showed when the user registered ( Date & time ). Any way to do that?

For #1, there is a PM Confirmed/Unconfirmed button under the list for mods/admins.  (Click [show] under Admin options)

For #2,
Added a quick update to include registration/confirmation date time on the list next to the name.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2024

It's just a theme update.. for those that just want the change made to their theme, replace the line in Display.template.php:
echo '<td>',($reg['name']&&$reg['name']!=$reg['user_name']? $reg['name'].($reg['user_name']? ' / ':''):''),'<a href="',$scripturl,'?action=profile;u=',$reg['id'],'">',$reg['user_name'],'</a>';
with
echo '<td>',($reg['name']&&$reg['name']!=$reg['user_name']? $reg['name'].($reg['user_name']? ' / ':''):''),'<a href="',$scripturl,'?action=profile;u=',$reg['id'],'">',$reg['user_name'],'</a>, ', timeformat($reg['dateConfirmed'] == 0? $reg['dateRegistered']:$reg['dateConfirmed']);

Kindred

Quote from: pftq on August 19, 2015, 01:26:21 AM
Sorry for the late reply.  It's been a busy year, and this slipped my radar.  If anyone else wants to help maintain the mod, more than fine with me.

ptftq -- Can you clearly state the mod license, please (edit the mod page and include a license file in the mod package itself)
(I suggest MIT, or BSD)

Also, your mod screenshots all just show an advert for an itunes giftcard. Please correct them or they will be removed.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deju

Try setting date of event earlier than current date.  I have found the reverse order glitch happens when the date passes the event date.

Quote from: pftq on August 19, 2015, 01:26:21 AM
Regarding reverse order, I looked into this several times and wasn't able to reproduce the issue (signed up pftq first, then reregistered, did the same with test1, etc).  See the test board below:
http://www.pftq.com/smf/smf2/index.php?topic=3.0

If someone can let me know more details on the steps or try it on the test forum above, that would be helpful.

pftq

I looked into that and it's a behavior that perhaps isn't well explained in the readme.  When you first sign up, you have a date registered time.  When you get near or past the event, however, it starts sorting by confirmation date, so those who confirm sooner can jump ahead of those who signed up but did not confirm yet.  I'm not quite sure how you're getting the signups to occur after the event date though.

@Kindred: I'll include a MIT license.  Thanks for catching the screenshots.  There's been a lot of passing the torch on this mod, so I was not aware they were in the page.

Yasudia

Hello!  :) Just installed your mod, and it works fine until the point where I can click on it in the forum. There it leads to nowhere / blank page  ???
Also I have the Terms and Conditions twice in my event creation page.

Can you help a noobie here and tell me what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Deju

Is there anyway I could disable this sorting?  We don't use confirmation function and I'd like the registered time list to stay the same.

Quote from: pftq on August 20, 2015, 09:29:19 PM
I looked into that and it's a behavior that perhaps isn't well explained in the readme.  When you first sign up, you have a date registered time.  When you get near or past the event, however, it starts sorting by confirmation date, so those who confirm sooner can jump ahead of those who signed up but did not confirm yet.  I'm not quite sure how you're getting the signups to occur after the event date though.

pftq

Quote from: Deju on September 06, 2015, 08:54:18 AM
Is there anyway I could disable this sorting?  We don't use confirmation function and I'd like the registered time list to stay the same.

Quote from: pftq on August 20, 2015, 09:29:19 PM

Leave "Ask Confirmations X Days Before Event" set to zero.

Quote from: Yasudia on September 06, 2015, 07:56:06 AM
Hello!  :) Just installed your mod, and it works fine until the point where I can click on it in the forum. There it leads to nowhere / blank page  ???
Also I have the Terms and Conditions twice in my event creation page.

Can you help a noobie here and tell me what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Do you have a custom theme? You'll need to adjust your theme files manually.

Yasudia

Quote from: pftq on September 06, 2015, 10:03:58 AM

I do indeed, it's Greeny from SMF Tricks. But I applied all changes to Display.template.php as you stated in the read me files.

Deju

That's not it.  We have all events set to 0 for confirmations/sort. I'm 98% sure this is a glitch in the programming.  As the event date passes (or equals) the current real date the registration list is flipped. 

See images below.

Leave "Ask Confirmations X Days Before Event" set to zero.

pftq

I just rewrote the sorting mechanism as I'm not sure where the offending piece might be.  Please reinstall the mod and let me know if it helps.

pftq

Quote from: Yasudia on September 06, 2015, 10:32:42 AM

I do indeed, it's Greeny from SMF Tricks. But I applied all changes to Display.template.php as you stated in the read me files.

I don't have instructions for that in the readme.  Do you mind sharing your Display.template.php? Then I can see what might be wrong.

Deju

pftq, thank you for your help on this.

I'm going to uninstall and get this.  Should I continue?

pftq

Hi, after the uninstallation, I'd go through the Display.template.php and look for anything with "pftq" labeled near it to remove.  Feel free to send me your file via PM or email ([email protected]) and I'd be happy to clean it up for you.

Deju

We've modded this mod to include an "Open On" timed signup opening option and "Membergroup selectivity" so you can choose only certain regular groups.

Would you like to add this to the public one?

ttaattaa

Hi pftq!

I am installed successful your mod on our new 2.0.11 SMF forum.We use it in other forum (1.1) from many years. Our best mod, thank you.

Could you help me? On the new forum works the mod prefectly in calendar view and admin (in all the 4 theme), but we can't see the registration block on topic view... Where shoul I debug anz errors?

Cheers:
Attila from Hungary

b-machinery

Hey pftq,

at first, thanks for the great mod, just the thing I was always looking for! I have it running on my test machine and it works perfect, except for a few things I am currently working on. One is that I want to give the event creator the ability to administrate the list by himself except of batch adding. Works. Next are a few texts that are not internationalized yet and a few changes when creating an event. Just simple things for now, but I am sure there are things to come ;)

Greetings from sunny bavaria ;)

PS: The bug with no comments when you have to agree to terms and conditions is still in the package for SMF2!

GL700Wing

How to add AutoSuggest to the Registrant name field (handy when the option 'One Member Can Sign Up Multiple Names:' is set to 'Yes' as it means the forum member name entered should be correct).

In ./Themes/default/Display.template.php
Find:

echo "<input type='text' size='20' value='",($context['user']['is_guest']? '':$context['user']['name']),"' name='Registrant' /> </td>";

Replace with:

echo "<input type='text' size='20' value='",($context['user']['is_guest']? '':$context['user']['name']),"'
name='Registrant' id='Registrant' class='input_text' />";
echo '
<script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/suggest.js?fin20"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
var oAddRegistrant = new smc_AutoSuggest({
sSelf: \'oAddRegistrant\',
sSessionId: \'', $context['session_id'], '\',
sSessionVar: \'', $context['session_var'], '\',
sSuggestId: \'Registrant\',
sControlId: \'Registrant\',
sSearchType: \'member\',
sTextDeleteItem: \'', $txt['autosuggest_delete_item'], '\',
bItemList: false
});
// ]]></script>';

echo '
</td>';

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

PoML

Hi!

I have made this mod work on a 2.1RC2 forum with tinyportal installed.
It took some changes vs what is in the "manual install instructions", as there has been some major overhauls of the event functions.
If anybody can help me go from the edited files (using 'diff', I presume) to make a suggested mod for others to use than I am happy to share.

Abavagada

I installed this on SMF 2.0.15 and it installed fine. I can add events and post them on the forum.

It sounds like people should be able to sign up for the event, but I can't find how that is done.

Clicking on the event from the calendar lets a person edit the event, but not sign up for it.

Am I missing something?

Advertisement: