News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Image maintenance resizing KB. Free or paid cost dependant.

Started by jeffrey scott, August 15, 2009, 05:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gargoyle

Quote from: Kays on October 13, 2009, 09:43:03 PM
Yes, it's been totally re-written.

There are a number more edits to be done. Why can't you use the package manager?

Cool I will update it over the weekend...

Honestly I don't know. I have done local fresh installs where the package manager won't work. Other times it will. Currently my "live" version refuses to accept FTP info of any kind so I pretty much just gave up on it. This was back when I had 2 mods installed about 3 years ago.

Kays

Have you tried uploading a mod using the bottom option in the package manager?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Gargoyle

Gargoyle

By the way I really like the way the new mod works... Very nice. ;D

Kays

Thanks.  Sorry about the late reply to your previous post. Been a bit busy latley.

Were you able to figure out how to upload packages or would you still like me to be more specific.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Gargoyle

It's really not a big deal to me... Only matters to me when a new version of smf comes out. For mods I prefer to do it manually mainly because sometimes I need to make code changes. Like this mod it great but I had to change the setting for 48M to 128M which I would have totally missed if it was done with a package manager.

I appreciate the offer for help but I don't mind it not working that much... Like I said just when new versions come out... LOL!!

Arantor

As a thought the 48M could possibly be set with an option in the admin panel, but sanitising it so that 48MB is the minimum int value it can use.

xmh

jeffrey scott

To give some feedback as to what the mod has done for me,

As of October 08 2009 when I installed the mob my file sizes are as follows.

Current attachment directory size as of today 2992150.11 KB
current size of server 3683.85 MB

Then today nearly 1 month on we probably have an additional 100-200 images on the forum and the current sizes are below.

as of the 4Th November
attachments folder 2662268.01 KB
server 3402.29 MB

So although we have shed 330 MB as a direct result of this mod even though we have gained 100-200 images At a guess!

Nice one Kays! I take my hat off to you, my site was ballooning out of control expanding by 2GB in the last 8 months and you have really helped me out. Along with the watermarking mod that was released, I feel very pleased that we have lots of protected images now that are not going to sink us!

Thanks again and since Kays has requested that any donation from me should go to simple machines and no to him! I will go ahead and donate now.

Thankyou Simplemachines forum and all those who have taken time to help me.

Regards

Jeff

Kays

Thanks for the donation. :)

I am glad to see that the mod is working as hoped for.

My Mods

Advertisement: