Poll Options

Started by (insert name here), August 16, 2009, 01:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(insert name here)

I am a member of a forum that is running SMF 1.1.9.  I've noticed a couple things about the polls that I dislike.  I asked the administrators if there was a way to correct the problems, and they suggested I come here and ask.  Here is my original post:

Quote from: (insert name here)
I've noticed that once a poll is edited, the creator of the poll loses the ability to allow voters to change their vote.  I find that very annoying.  Is there anyway to fix it?

Also, is there a way to choose an exact time for poll expiration instead of only being able to choose an exact number of days from the moment you create the poll?  I feel being able to choose a time and date of expiration would be much more useful.

Arantor

First up, the owners of the forum should by now have updated to SMF 1.1.10 because of a security vulnerability in it.

1. I don't remember encountering that with SMF 1.1 before. Are they using any mods that affect polls?

2. I believe that should be doable, just no-one ever asked before. It would be a modification to the software however, it's not just a small tweak of an option somewhere.

It would likely be easier getting the admins themselves to come here, since if they want their members to have the features they would like to see, they are going to have to be involved in the process.

(insert name here)

Quote from: Arantor on August 16, 2009, 08:38:55 PM
I don't remember encountering that with SMF 1.1 before. Are they using any mods that affect polls?

I don't believe so, but I could be wrong.

Quote from: Arantor on August 16, 2009, 08:38:55 PM
It would likely be easier getting the admins themselves to come here, since if they want their members to have the features they would like to see, they are going to have to be involved in the process.

O.K.  I'll direct them this way.

N3RVE

Are there any further concerns regarding this topic?

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

(insert name here)

We're just waiting for one of the administrators from the site in concern to come over and provide some more important information.  A link to this thread has been posted there, so one of them should be over within a day or so.

N3RVE

Alright, we look forward to it.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Advertisement: