News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Topic Count in Profiles

Started by live627, August 18, 2009, 10:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Sabre™

This is nice, good job mate :)
It compliments this mod well.
A little tweak, and they combined perfectly.

Thanks
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Arantor

Also added a new feature to this today to display the number of different topics a user has posted in.

Sabre™

Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

aw06

Quote from: Sabre™ on August 24, 2009, 04:06:20 AM
This is nice, good job mate :)
It compliments this mod well.
A little tweak, and they combined perfectly.

Thanks

I have that mod installed as well .. are you saying that if i install Arantor's mod there will be a conflict that i will have to fix ??
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

I'm not sure what little tweak will be needed; I don't know the other mod, but it sounds like one or the other will need a minor change to work.

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on October 31, 2009, 01:11:08 PM
I'm not sure what little tweak will be needed; I don't know the other mod, but it sounds like one or the other will need a minor change to work.

Yeah, they both make changes to the same files .. so i figure they may conflict ... will wait to see if Sabre will respond
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

Use the package parser on the mod site. It'll show you what edits they make. Very likely the two try to add something to the Profile page where the conflict is.

aw06

yeah, they don't seem to change the same lines of code .. still wondering what tweak Sabre is talking about ... :-\

aw06

Ok mod installed with no error's and no errors in logs .... But i think i see the tweak needed for both mods to compliment each other 8)

Arantor ... your mod ads to profile page
QuoteTopics started:     60
Topics participated in:    168

And the other mod ads to profile page
QuoteShow the last topics of this person.
Which is a clickable url link to http://xxx.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=xxx;sa=showPosts;topics

So .. a nice tweak to your mod would be
QuoteTopics started:     60
Topics participated in:    168
Which would also make the Number a clickable url point to http://xxx.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=xxx;sa=showPosts;topics

Could you meybe tell me where to edit to turn your number into a clickable url pointing to the link stated ??

Arantor

Should be possible with editing Profile.template.php:

Code (find) Select
<td><b>', $txt['profile_topics_started'], ': </b></td>
<td>', $context['member']['topics'], '</td>

Code (replace) Select
<td><b>', $txt['profile_topics_started'], ': </b></td>
<td><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile;u=', $context['member']['id'], ';sa=showPosts;topics">', $context['member']['topics'], '</a></td>

NB I don't have the other mod installed so can't test this.

aw06

Sabre™

Yeah, that's all I meant, that you can link it to the topics page :)

aw06

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 31, 2009, 04:33:57 PM
Yeah, that's all I meant, that you can link it to the topics page :)

Ok kool 8) guess we did the same thing then

live627

Hello everyone,

I have updated this mod to version 1.5. Don't try to use the upgrade mechanism; it won't work. Instead, uninstall the old one and then install the new one. I have left the old file on the server just in case you want to revert for some reason.

The new changes made are quite a few:

• Added 1.1.11 tag
  • Added average topics started per day
  • Added topic posting stats by hour
  • SMF 1.1.x ONLY: Added a section to view a user's topics

Rohan_

hey i think arantor made this mod and he started this thread so why i see   live627 in first post ???
Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

Because I donated it. When mods are given away, the first post is similarly updated.

Rohan_

hey arantor donate me something  :P
Proud To Be An Indian

live627

Quote from: Rohan_ on December 04, 2009, 12:19:31 PM
hey arantor donate me something  :P
lol

Quote from: Arantor on December 04, 2009, 03:14:58 AM
...I donated it....
it's true as you can see in the mod description. I even left the dates to help prove it ;)

Arantor

Advertisement: