News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Using Chinese Characters with an English Language set.

Started by PiPi, November 27, 2008, 11:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiPi

Apologies for starting a new topic on this - but If i can't get this fixed then I'll be forced to ditch SMF and try something else - and I REALLY don't want to do that.

I've done everything that all the topics suggest I should do, but still Chinese Characters won't show on a post in my forums.  I know that Chinese characters work ok, as I use them on my website (same one the forums are part of) and they work ok on that.  When I create a new thread or post and I do a 'Preview', the characters show up ok - but then when I do 'Post', the characters become question marks again.  I've even had a Chinese person try to post from another computer that is set up using WinXP Chinese and it doesn't work for them.  I'm definitely using UTF-8, I've got the Chinese language pack installed and I've used 'Forum maintenance>Convert html to UTF-8' and still it doesn't work?  PLEASE help.

The site and forums are at hxxp:www.maninthecorner.com [nonactive] and hxxp:www.maninthecorner.com/Forums/index.php [nonactive]

Sharp Spike

你好,你仍然需要幫助,這個問題,因為如果這是解決請註明解決的議題
People say I don't listen or something...crazy.

Advertisement: