News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

PM Attachments

Started by SoLoGHoST, August 20, 2009, 09:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinsman

Thanks for the update, I gave it a crack but got "Modification parse error" on install_20x.xml and template_204.xml

dougiefresh

@Kinsman: I'm guessing a corrupt file.....  I've rezipped the files and uploaded it again to the Customization Site.

@landyvlad:  You're welcome!

Kinsman

Thanks, got it working now.  8)

Kinsman

Bugger, what I should have said was I got it installed.

Everything looks great, except no files are sent. The only error I can see is this.

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.clan-botm.com/index.php?pretty;action=pm&sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=2269;u=all [nofollow]
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: attach_restrict_pmAttachmentSizeLimit
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/bikesnst/public_html/clan-botm.com/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 1992

dougiefresh

Quote from: Kinsman on February 16, 2017, 02:45:21 PM
Bugger, what I should have said was I got it installed.

Everything looks great, except no files are sent. The only error I can see is this.

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.clan-botm.com/index.php?pretty;action=pm&sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=2269;u=all
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: attach_restrict_pmAttachmentSizeLimit
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/bikesnst/public_html/clan-botm.com/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 1992
O:) I actually found this earlier today, before you reported it.  I've already fixed this bug for the next version, as well as the inability to remove PM attachments.....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.0 Beta 2 - February 17th, 2017
o Moved function removePMAttachments to Subs-PMAttachments.php.
o Moved load language statement to earlier in PersonalMessage.php.

landyvlad

Instal went fine and seems to be working nicely on my forum,. Cheers.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Kinsman

No joy here, but I have quite a few PM Mods, so maybe one of those is interfering

dougiefresh

@landyvlad:  Good to hear....

@Kinsman:  List your PM mods so that I can see what is going on.  Maybe I can fix the incompatibility.....

Kinsman

PM Notification Bar
PM Settings
Search Sent PM's
Show Unread PM's
PM Quick Reply

dougiefresh

I've resolved the incompatibility issue with the PM Settings and PM Quick Reply mods for the next version.  All other mods listed were not incompatible while installing them.  I didn't test for functionality, although I'm pretty sure that that will be a non-issue....

landyvlad

edit: removed this post. I found my problem I had asked about was in the settings. Sorry.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Kinsman

Cool, I'll keep an eye out and test it.

dougiefresh

Quote from: RSI on February 03, 2015, 12:26:40 PM
Hello,

I'm getting the error below in the error log after installing this mod. Any idea what it is and how to correct it?

http://mydomain/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=182;u=all

2: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given

File: /home/me/public_html/Sources/PersonalMessage.php

Line: 2067

Hopefully, this bug report has been fixed for the next version.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.0 Beta 3 - February 21st, 2017
o Fixed undefined element error that could happen, was reported but never fixed.
o Fixed some indentation issues within the mod.
o Resolved incompatibility with PM Settings mod.
o Resolved incompatibility with PM Quick Reply mod.

@RSI and @Kinsman:  Hopefully this update will solve the bug reports that you submitted.  Thank you for the bug reports!

Kinsman

Unfortunately still no attachments here, no errors either so not sure what's up with it really.

dougiefresh

Quote from: Kinsman on February 22, 2017, 01:41:52 AM
Unfortunately still no attachments here, no errors either so not sure what's up with it really.
Check two things for me:
1) In Admin => Forum => Attachments and Avatars => PM Attachment Settings, is the PM Attachments mode set to Enable all attachments?

2) Have you granted permission to upload and view PM attachments for the membergroups?

Failure to do either of these things will result in the inability to upload and/or view PM attachments on your forum.

Kinsman

Yep, also 775 the pm attachments folder, also installed 1.6 to check, still nothing.

I have however removed the Play Media Attachments mod, as I discovered it was preventing img thumbnails.

Prob just a case of too many mods I guess.

Kinsman

Huzzah!, I got 1.6 working by adding all the missing edits manually to themes/default/personalmessagetemplate file.

No idea why the installer didnt add or flag them, but all good now with no errors.

dougiefresh

My suggestion would be to check the permissions on the template file.  If the forum can't change it, then (obviously) it won't be changed by Package Manager.....

Meanwhile, I'll look at the Play Attachments mod to see what the conflict might be.....

Advertisement: