News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

PM Attachments

Started by SoLoGHoST, August 20, 2009, 09:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: recived on November 12, 2009, 05:08:56 PM
Hello, tell me where the delete message with an attachment then it is deleted from the server?
Huh??
Please review the pics attached with the mod.  All of them.  If you go in Admin Panel => Attachments and Avatars => File Maintenance you will see pruning options for PM Attachments.  You can not see attachments on a per pm basis as this would be invasion of privacy, so you only have these options in here when pruning files.

Well, hopefully this answers your question(s).

Cheers :)

recived

busterone

Nice mod SoLoGHoST. Installed and works as it should. :)

hansdampf

First of all great work and thanks for that!

I'm currently using v 1.3 and want to upgrade to 1.4. Now I'm wondering how I should be doing this upgrade. Usually I would delete the old mod first and then install the updated one. However, if i click 'Uninstall' it says:

QuoteUninstalling PM Attachments will completely UNINSTALL this MOD, removing only the pm_attachments folder and all files located in there, in your main SMF Root directory.

I really don't think that this is what I want...  ;D

Please advise! Cheers!

SoLoGHoST

This is upgradable, do not remove your 1.3 version.  And just to be sure, backup your database and the pm_attachments folder (as I always do, even for my mods... hehe).  Keep it installed.  Download the new PM Attachments 1.4, and add it, it should ask you to upgrade for 1.4, click to upgrade.  There, all done.  Everything should be fine and you should still be able to see your attachments from 1.3.

JustOneOldMan

Hey SoLo, just checking in to see if there's any progress on the 1.1.x version.  Not rushing, just checking... ;)
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing...

SoLoGHoST

Yes, no probs.  I'm still working on the 1.1.x.  Though I've made much progress on it, just kinda put it down temporarily and will get back to it.  Currently coding a few mods at once here.  The biggest one being Dream Portal.  So this is a bit hectic, but should have a 1.1.x version of this mod out shortly.  Just can't put a date and/or timeframe on it.  Sorry and Thanks for checking up on me with this.

JustOneOldMan

Thanks SoLo, appreciate the update.  Now I have to go check out Dream Portal...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing...

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: JustOneOldMan on December 21, 2009, 02:03:38 AM
Thanks SoLo, appreciate the update.  Now I have to go check out Dream Portal...
Hehe, you'll definitely want to check it out as soon as it is made public bro..  I'll keep you updated.  As a Core Developer, I don't expect it to be Publicly Released until, atleast, another month or 2 at this rate.  But you never actually know, sometimes progress has a way of creepin' up on you when you aren't expecting it.

Cross My Fingers ;)

JustOneOldMan

Good luck with it.  I took a look at the DP site, looks good.  I've been using TP on my 1.x.x sites for quite a while, but have been looking for something for the 2.x sites and hadn't found anything I really liked.  Looks like DP would be it.  I see you will have a shoutbox module, and that's one of the things most of my users want.  Looking forward to seeing that.  I like the way TP's shoutbox works...

Eclipse16V

Nice Mod and good job.

Thanks for this Mod.

Translation in German is in work.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

SoLoGHoST

Thank You Eclipse16V, still waiting on your Post Ratings translation also.

Eclipse16V

Yes. Is to 75% finished.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

eolith

I installed this, got all success indicators, but nothing looks any different.

I had this result with the Mult-Quote mod as well. I installed by entering the URL on the download packages page, and by uploading it from my computer. Neither worked. I then set all permissions on the forum software to read/write, and still no success.

Help!

EDIT: Based on same problem with other mods, it turns out it's not modifying my theme. I'll have to figure out how to insert the code manually.

Eclipse16V

Nice Mod

Please update it for SMF 2.0RC3  ;)

Thanks
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

rlh2006

Will you be updating this mod for RC3 soon?
368 Urban Terror avatars for your site or forum.
The avatars pack is 11.6 mbs. Direct free download for the avatars pack is right here: urt_avatars.zip This avatar pack is 1up Clan's way of contributing to both the Urban Terror gaming community and the Simple Machines community. Due to the size of the pack, SMF has not approved it.

C4G-TK

What do I need to do in order to install this?

I get no tests failed, but when I click install... this comes up

Duplicate entry 'pmAttachmentSizeLimit' for key 'PRIMARY'
File: /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/Packages/temp/pmAttachmentsInstallRC2.php
Line: 211

I've gone into my database and have deleted this, but it keeps giving me the error.

-img removed-

SoLoGHoST

Ok, I'm back now with a computer, will take some time to get all of my apps reinstalled, but as soon as this is all done, I'll be hopping back onto my mods.

Cheers

C4G-TK

Quote from: C4G-TK on March 17, 2010, 05:29:07 PM
What do I need to do in order to install this?

I get no tests failed, but when I click install... this comes up

Duplicate entry 'pmAttachmentSizeLimit' for key 'PRIMARY'
File: /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/Packages/temp/pmAttachmentsInstallRC2.php
Line: 211

I've gone into my database and have deleted this, but it keeps giving me the error.

Figured it out!  Woohoo!  I'm on a roll today!

Had to go into my Database (which I hate doing cause I'm not comfortable in that area) and go into settings and delete the entries that were trying to be duplicated.  Then, went back and installed fine.  Whew. O:)

-img removed-

Eclipse16V

Any news for this or the post ratings mod?  :'(
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Advertisement: