News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

PM Attachments

Started by SoLoGHoST, August 20, 2009, 09:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoLoGHoST

Sorry Eclipse,  Long story short, don't have an RC3 test site up to test my mods in and/or see what's changed in RC3 for my mods.  If someone wants to put up a test site for me to work with these mods, that would surely speed this along, otherwise, it could take awhile.

SoLoGHoST

Ok, guys, PM Attachments updated for SMF 2.0 RC3!  This was the easiest upgrade ever!!  Just a simple tab space in the replace operation in ManageAttachments.template.php.

Cheers and Enjoy! :)

Arantor

~DS~

Thanks, been waiting for this.

Uh...oh...there's a error then you install if.
QuoteDuplicate entry 'pmAttachmentSizeLimit' for key 1
File: /home/user/public_html/forum.com/Packages/temp/pmAttachmentsInstallRC2.php
Line: 211
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Arantor

~DS~

Quote from: C4G-TK on March 19, 2010, 01:22:02 PM
Quote from: C4G-TK on March 17, 2010, 05:29:07 PM
What do I need to do in order to install this?

I get no tests failed, but when I click install... this comes up

Duplicate entry 'pmAttachmentSizeLimit' for key 'PRIMARY'
File: /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/Packages/temp/pmAttachmentsInstallRC2.php

I've gone into my database and have deleted this, but it keeps giving me the error.

Figured it out!  Woohoo!  I'm on a roll today!

Had to go into my Database (which I hate doing cause I'm not comfortable in that area) and go into settings and delete the entries that were trying to be duplicated.  Then, went back and installed fine.  Whew. O:)
It's not working for me, deleted. Can't figure this out because your comment was not clear.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

SoLoGHoST

Did you do upgrade option?

If so, or if you are doing a full install...

Remove this line from the respective place in the package-info.xml file and re-zip it up...
<code>pmAttachmentsInstallRC2.php</code>

Yeah, I know, I should use the <database> tag, honestly I haven't really thought about it much with this mod.  Will definitely get around to doing more with it after Dream Portal is finished, which could take awhile...

But you can do this for now, if you have all of the tables installed and don't wanna lose your current attachments in the previous version, since no db edits were required.

~DS~

I upgraded to RC3, so yeah.

It still doesn't work, guess I have to wait?

SoLoGHoST

ok, what doesn't work about it?

~DS~

It's still showing the install error.
Duplicate entry 'pmAttachmentSizeLimit' for key 1
File: /home/user/public_html/forum.com/Packages/temp/pmAttachmentsInstallRC2.php

I assume, this only work on full install.
Even removing the line in package-info.xml didn't work. Deleting in the database didn't work either.

SoLoGHoST

Open up PMAttachmentsInstallRC2.php, and change Line #190 in there

FROM THIS:
$smcFunc['db_insert']('insert',

TO THIS:
$smcFunc['db_insert']('ignore',

Forgot about this.  Now save it, package it up and tada, should install just fine now.

Or you can just Redownload it as I just updated it again with this change!

TomW

Great mod, thanks !  I would like for my Post template to have the same look & feel.  In other words, I prefer that the Post template is the same as this one - Could you tell me how to modify the Post template ?

Arantor

TomW: What bit exactly do you want to change? The PM template is actually based off the Post template for attachments...

TomW

Quote from: Arantor on April 29, 2010, 12:12:54 PM
TomW: What bit exactly do you want to change? The PM template is actually based off the Post template for attachments...

The screen shots for this mod must not be from the Default (curve) theme, so they look different.  I'll install the mod 1st, then ask questions.  Sorry about that.

SoLoGHoST

The screenshots for this mod uses a Theme created by Shortie of Graphics Mayhem.  I believe the theme is also available here at SMF, though not sure.  Ofcourse, I'm almost positive it's available at Graphics Mayhem.

TomW

I am manually updating my files  (SMF2.0 RC3), and hit a snag with subs.php due to the special characters.  What is the work-around ?

SoLoGHoST

Can you tell me what snag you hit?  Also, is this related to the PM Attachments mod?

If you could post up the code where you hit a snag at in Subs.php and the code where PM Attachments is supposed to do the edit to this automatically, perhaps I may be able to help you...

TomW

I got it straightened out, thanks for the offer.  Works great; this is a very nice mod.

Gryzor

This sounds awesome, so thanks so much for the mod...

However, even though it installed fine, I can see no option to enable PM attachments in the Avatars and Attachment settings. What manual changes do I need to do myself to enable it?

Thanks again... :)

TheListener

Ther permissions which you set for guests and the different membergroups.

Advertisement: