News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

PM Attachments

Started by SoLoGHoST, August 20, 2009, 09:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

time31415

Also would like a 1.1.13 version of this as well...
I am sure there are tons of others who do as well - not like everyone who wants it is also going to comment on it.
So.. what are the odds of getting this? has any progress or work been put towards it?

mariusfv

Update pls. for 2.0 RC5...!

TheListener

Quote from: mariusfv on March 23, 2011, 01:59:43 PM

Have you tried to emulate version?

Ciler

Quote from: Brack1 on March 23, 2011, 03:11:52 PM
Quote from: mariusfv on March 23, 2011, 01:59:43 PM

Have you tried to emulate version?

You mean package parser? Yes I did it says not compatible with RC5!

Arantor

That's not what Brack meant.

Admin > Packages > Browse Packages > advanced - let's you put a different version in, such as RC3, that may allow you to successfully install the package. Not recommended to go below 2.0 RC3 though.

Ciler

Quote from: Arantor on March 27, 2011, 01:20:43 PM
That's not what Brack meant.

Admin > Packages > Browse Packages > advanced - let's you put a different version in, such as RC3, that may allow you to successfully install the package. Not recommended to go below 2.0 RC3 though.

Thanks Arantor i tested this and installed well but going to sent a message I got database error. When looking at subs.php the mod script was dubbel in it (2 times) so i deleded 1 and I was able to uninstall the mod.

Gryzor

I did try emulating RC4, but although the test gives perfect results it doesn't work afterwards. There's no PM attachments settings section and it's not in the Permissions, either...

So, pretty please, a RC5 version? :)

[EDIT] Nah... after checking a couple of files, it seems no edits were done!!?

narcolog

SoLoGHoST: some good news about 1.1.. version! Please! Please!

SoLoGHoST

PM Attachments is at version 1.6.  If you are referring to SMF version 1.1 branch, no, I will not create it.  There are people who have made a version of PM Attachments for 1.1.  Talk to that dude [SiNaN] from Simple Portal, he is also an SMF Developer, last I heard.  He created a PM Attachments for 1.1 and is selling it for a price, he spoke with everyone within this topic that wanted it via Private Messaging, so maybe he will contact you about it as well.

Cheers :)

dry3210

Trying to get this on 2.0 and get this when installing

Duplicate entry 'pmAttachmentSizeLimit' for key 'PRIMARY'
File: /Packages/temp/pmAttachmentsInstall.php
Line: 103

SoLoGHoST

Sounds to me like you didn't uninstall PM Attachments completely.  This is a database error, stating that you already have that column in that table and you can't add it again.

You should run the pmAttachmentsUninstall.php file from your site somewhere and than try installing PM Attachments again.  You will lose previous PM Attachments when doing this ofcourse.  If you want to keep previous attachments, than just remove the <database> tag within package-info.xml, save it, repackage it, and than install it.  Hopefully all tables and columns from PM Attachments are still there and haven't been deleted, or this will cause problems.

Cheers :)

dougiefresh

Thank you for the wonderful mod!  I thought I'd let everybody know that when I updated my forum from 2.0 RC5 to 2.0 Gold, I had to reinstall all my mods.  I encountered some errors during installation and wanted to share this information with you.

Here are the errors that I encountered:
./Sources/PersonalMessage.php => operation 8 failed
./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php => operation 3 failed.
./Themes/default/ManageAttachments.template.php => operations 1 & 2 failed.

If I can figure out what is wrong, I'll post my corrections so that this mod will install without issue.....

SoLoGHoST

I'll get around to this mod sometime this or next week.

Saiyan1337

Any progress? its been a month since you last posted for this mod.

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

TheListener

TomW

I have installed this mod on my 2.0 Gold forum and have found it to work fine, except when a user attempts to attach an image that is too large for my max size.  The error message displays, but when the user removes that image, and adds a smaller image, then click on the 'send message' button, nothing happens.  When attaching an image that is within the limits, it works fine.

MiY4Gi

This mod needs an update. I've tried installing it on my 2.0 Gold forum but I encountered a few errors. A manual edit is a no no as well, since some of the code needing replacing is missing. A conflict with another mod perhaps?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

Eclipse16V

On my 2.0 works it without errors.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

MiY4Gi

Mm, must be a conflict with one of my other mods.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

Advertisement: