News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

PM Attachments

Started by SoLoGHoST, August 20, 2009, 09:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica.

good mod. installing.

This should be built-in SMF.

update for 2.0 final?
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

Eclipse16V

Run on my 2.0 Final without errors or problems.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

rlh2006

Is this mod working for SMF 2.0.1?
My forum users depend upon PM Attachments mod, so I can't upgrade to SMF 2.0.1 without working PM Attachments.
368 Urban Terror avatars for your site or forum.
The avatars pack is 11.6 mbs. Direct free download for the avatars pack is right here: urt_avatars.zip This avatar pack is 1up Clan's way of contributing to both the Urban Terror gaming community and the Simple Machines community. Due to the size of the pack, SMF has not approved it.

Eclipse16V

Works without problems on my SMF 2.0.1
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

TomW

T3CHN0

how does it work on 2.0.1.

downloaded a clean install to compare my php's.
and this mod says on install
Quote./Sources/PersonalMessage.php
find this
$context['pm_area'] = 'send';

if (!WIRELESS)
$context['sub_template'] = 'send';

and add before
checkSession('request');
but this is wrong as checkSession('request'); is already in the PersonalMessage.php and the first part
can't be found.

QuoteThemes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php
<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=pm;sa=send2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" name="postmodify" id="postmodify" onsubmit="submitonce(this);saveEntities();">
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" width="100%">';

can't be found at all

./Themes/default/ManageAttachments.template.php
<td>', $txt['attachment_space' . ($context['attach_multiple_dirs'] ? '_current' : '')], ':</td><td>', isset($context['attachment_space']) ? $context['attachment_space'] . ' ' . $txt['kilobyte'] : $txt['attachmentdir_size_not_set'], '</td>
</tr>

can't be found at all

<input type="hidden" name="sa" value="byAge" />
</form>
</td>
</tr>
</table>';

can't be found BUT >>> <input type="hidden" name="sa" value="byAge" /> can be found so no problem there, easy edit will fix

This is from a fresh download of 2.0.1 looking at the php file to find out how I can apply this mod
to my forum. But as there is so much different from RC4 to 2.0.1 I don't know enough on php coding
to fix this my self...

I have always used this mod on RC3 and works perfectly but I rebuilt my forum and need it now for 2.0.1
any idea's. ? ? ?

will this mod get an update to 2.0.1

TomW

When manually installing a mod and I cannot find an exact match, I look for the 1st part of the 'select' code, then visually compare to make sure that it is the right spot.  As I recall, the code is the same, just the spacing is slightly different.  That is why you're not able to find it.

T3CHN0

I do the same, that's why I downloaded a fresh 2.0.1 install and looked at the php's before edits. the 2 codes in the middle are the 2 main codes I can't work out.
the first code does not need to be included as that's already there. and the last code only need to change the input string. OK easy stuff. but if I can't find any part of the middle two then I don't really know where to place the code. if someone has it working on 2.0.1 I would like to download their PersonalMessage.php & ManageAttachments.template.php so I can look at the coding and find where I am to make the edits my self.
cheers

SoLoGHoST

Guys, sorry for not being active in this support thread.  FYI - I have prioritized my coding on Dream Portal 1.1.  I will update all of my other mods after Dream Portal 1.1 is released and approved here at the SM.org site.

Cheers :)

TheListener

Hey SG

Just so ya know the mod does work on 2.0.1

SoLoGHoST

Thanks, I'm sure it does.  Might be a few errors in the After/Before/Replace edits, but I'm sure that it's a piece of cake to change for 2.0.1.  Haven't tested it yet, perhaps the SMF version emulation might help others if they experience any errors.  In any case, I won't be testing this out until I'm finished with Dream Portal 1.1.

T3CHN0

Quote from: Brack1 on October 09, 2011, 10:47:11 PM
Hey SG

Just so ya know the mod does work on 2.0.1

I can confirm as well, it does work on 2.0.1, ignore my passed posts. Tried again just now and it worked
installed without error's. Silly me must have forgot to change the Emulate Version: to SMF 2.0 RC4
before trying the install. all my time and effort trying to do the edits my self all because of
forgetting one simple step.

SoLoGHoST

Well that's good to know.  Cheers :) will get around to it.

cerbopoli

I have installed PM attachments on SMF 2.0.1 I used the emmulate for SMF 2.0 RC4 in order to install it and everything appeared to go well, but I do not have an option under Attachments and Avatars for PM Attachments and I also do not see any way to attach a file within a PM.  Is there a step I am missing? 

T3CHN0

put this after your forum URL http://yourforum/index.php?action=admin;area=manageattachments;sa=pmattachments
and see if that takes you to the PM attachment settings.

you should see the option Attachments and other options at the bottom of each new PM or reply PM now if installed correctly.

Also check you have Attachments mode ON... Admin>Attachments and Avatars>Attachment Settings.
you should have these TABS/ options all in the same location

Browse Files, Attachment Settings, PM Attachment Settings, Avatar Settings, File Maintenance,

if you don't have everything you should, maybe try removing the mod and install it again.

cerbopoli

Yes, I tried to add the action to go to the PM attachments within the URL and it just gets me to the regular attachments panel.  I also triple checked that I have attachments enabled.  For some reason I cannot uninstall on my main forum, but I reinstalled a brand new install of 2.0.1 and then went directly to adding this modification and it will not work on that one either.   :(

T3CHN0

I don't know why it didn't work for you then, I also use 2.0.1.. when it installs is there any error's? and are you using a custom theme?
if your using a custom theme could you try changing it to the default theme and having a look to see if it is working!!!
beyond this point I would have to look at your forum to help any further
cheers

cerbopoli

No, I am using the default theme and received no errors installing.  I have actually had issues with any Mod that I have tried to install, so I am wondering if there is a server issue, but I am not sure where I should be looking for the issue.  Before I upgraded to SMF 2.0.1 I had no problem with mods.

T3CHN0

the whole mess of things doesn't sound right. your forum is 2.0.1 and working... you upload and install a mod OK with no error's
but then the mod doesn't work... Am I missing something? this is not normal behavior for SMF or any PHP forum.

when installing do you actually get the message saying the mod was installed successfully and if so, it should then work.
This can't be server side error because if you server side was the problem you wouldn't be able to install the mod in the first place.

I do not know, I think I could help more if you PM me you site URL and I'll take a look
cheers

sbranky

I have installed this mod on a regular 2.0.1 emulating 2.0 RC4 working but if I can not even pick up the attachment.

Pm received in the attachment is visible and it is linked, but when I try to download the browser goes wrong. The file is present on the server in the directory "pm_attachments" but you can download it in any way. Everything works except for the taking.

you have a solution?

Advertisement: