PM Attachments

Started by SoLoGHoST, August 20, 2009, 09:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3CHN0

Quote from: sbranky on November 21, 2011, 03:52:04 PM
I have installed this mod on a regular 2.0.1 emulating 2.0 RC4 working but if I can not even pick up the attachment.

Pm received in the attachment is visible and it is linked, but when I try to download the browser goes wrong. The file is present on the server in the directory "pm_attachments" but you can download it in any way. Everything works except for the taking.

you have a solution?
I can't read the error as it's not in English. Screen picture looks right. have you checked your members permissions and do you have a download quota?
Would you mine translating the error into English please!!!
I notice the error is showing your temp folder as where your downloading to. is this correct. could you update your details in smf as well and put your
sites url in so others who try to help don't need to ask for your url.

sbranky

Quote from: T3CHN0 on November 21, 2011, 08:12:23 PM
I can't read the error as it's not in English. Screen picture looks right. have you checked your members permissions and do you have a download quota?
Would you mine translating the error into English please!!!

It 'true, the error is reported in Italian, sorry
the error is as follows:
php.part can not be saved because you can not read the source file

The user permissions are ok, but the problem also occurs if the attachment is sent to me as Admin, virtually the file were uploaded regularly, but not be unloaded in any way and do not understand why. Even if I send a PM to a user test is the same.

Quote from: T3CHN0 on November 21, 2011, 08:12:23 PM
I notice the error is showing your temp folder as where your downloading to. is this correct. could you update your details in smf as well and put your
sites url in so others who try to help don't need to ask for your url.

The files were uploaded within the limit provided for in the model set (max 250 kb)
I can not link my site because it is not visible on the Internet but on a private network not visible.

sorry for my bad English

T3CHN0

hmm OK.
I would like to help but if your site is private and in Italian I don't think I could help to much.
maybe PM me your URL if OK and I will try and have a look

sbranky

continued to experiment but I can not get it to work,
If I can help The link is returned is the following, correct?

http://10.9.5.8/forum/index.php?action=dlpmattach;pm=13646;attach=1

Firefox d'ont work and the browser Ie8 goes into error as attached image.

EDIT:

on the same server and same permissions but as another location, I installed the old version RC5 (for testing) and the mod works perfectly.
So I think the problem is precisely in the new version 2.0.1 is not allowed in the server or permissions.

vomito

I have a little problem with this mod in my RC2.
In the database "pm_attachments" the value for "id_pm" ist not set when sending an pm attachment.
"id_attach", "filename", "file_hash" and so on are written. Only "id_pm" has still the Value "0"
Through that the receiver of the pm doesnt get a notification of the attachment.
maybe you have an Idea how the problem  can be solved...
thanks!

Biology Forums

live627

You use Firefox 8? Can you try another browser?

TheListener

Quote from: shuban on December 10, 2011, 05:54:01 PM
1.x version available?

The mod author has stated once before he is not making a 1.1.x version.

Biology Forums

Quote from: Brack1 on December 10, 2011, 06:07:10 PM
Quote from: shuban on December 10, 2011, 05:54:01 PM
1.x version available?

The mod author has stated once before he is not making a 1.1.x version.

I thought perhaps someone may have done it and could upload it. :(

TheListener

Anyone whom wants this mod on 2.0.2 and has the BCC messages mod installed.

Uninstall BCC messages.

Emulate version 2.0 RC4 and install this mod.

place forum back into 2.0.2

Reinstall BCC Messages mod.

TheListener

Can anyone explain to me what

Table 'xxxxsmf164.pm_recipients' doesn't exist
File: /home/xxxxl/Packages/temp/pmAttachmentsUninstall.php
Line: 56

means?

I presume it is server side yet there is such a table when I look.

???

live627

It's ancient code (pre RC3) that caused the error. That's the uninstaller

TheListener

Any idea how I can get outta it?

live627

You wish to remove the table, then?

TheListener

Was trying to remove the mod and then reinstall it to see if the current problems would cease.

Is a useful mod (when it works).

O:)

live627

Not really a straight answer, but, eh, what the hell.

$smcFunc['db_drop_table'] ('pm_attachments');

// Get rid of the added columns in the pm_recipients table
$smcFunc['db_remove_column'] ('pm_recipients', 'attachments');
$smcFunc['db_remove_column'] ('pm_recipients', 'downloads');

Replace the above with

$smcFunc['db_drop_table'] ('{db_prefix}pm_attachments');

// Get rid of the added columns in the pm_recipients table
$smcFunc['db_remove_column'] ('{db_prefix}pm_recipients', 'attachments');
$smcFunc['db_remove_column'] ('{db_prefix}pm_recipients', 'downloads');

All that does is add the prefix in.

TheListener

Selroth

Tried installing on a SMF 2.0.1 installation.  Ran into a database error on line 111 of pmAttachmentInstall.php.  Needed to add "{db_prefix}" to the bottom loop to resolve the issue (and undo the changes it did on the failed attempt).

// Insert the column(s) into the pm_recipients table
if (!empty($columns_pm_recipients))
   foreach ($columns_pm_recipients as $recipients)
      $smcFunc['db_add_column']('{db_prefix}' . $recipients['table'], $recipients['info']);

?>

Just swung by this topic to give an update - apparently the last few posts are in regards to a very similar issue.  Old Fossil, if you're still around, you may want to look into it.

I also noticed a lot of the file changes are expecting tables, whereas SMF 2.0.1 is table-less in those areas.  Perhaps it was just running the wrong install file, but I manually applied the changes using a bit of common sense and basic PHP skills and everything's working like a champ now.  Thanks for a great mod [size=78%]Solomon and live627![/size]
Everything is built from imagination.

TheListener

QuoteJust swung by this topic to give an update - apparently the last few posts are in regards to a very similar issue.  Old Fossil, if you're still around, you may want to look into it.

There is nothing I can do.

SoLoGHoST

@ Old Fossil, you should Run the PMAttachmentsUninstall.php file from your SMF Root directory and be logged in as Admin.  Copy and paste the file over, this will remove any database tables that wasn't removed via your previous uninstallation.  If you get an error (just note what error you get).  Move on to uploading and installing PM Attachments via the SMF Package Manager.  Remember, I still need to update this mod for SMF 2.0.2, but it might work on an emulation, not sure.  Most likely there will be a few operations that will need to be adjusted no matter what you emulate it to.  You should be sure that whatever operations that have failed, to click on the magnifying glass next to these failed operations to look at what the operation is stating exactly.  Than you just open up the file, do a search for part of that string (making sure that same string doesn't exist anywhere else in the file) and do the edits manually.  After you have done all of this for each operation that has failed, just install the PM Attachments Mod, and don't worry about the failed operations, since they won't be written to the file anyways.

After that, your PM Attachments should work perfectly fine.

Advertisement: