News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

What to download.

Started by Sir Drunken Guy, August 21, 2009, 11:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acans

"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Sir Drunken Guy

Yes, when I tried localhost this came up
Access denied for user '345290'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

And when I tried ueuo.com
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111
Simpsonise Forum Liftoff:
Check it out.

Acans

I guess is finally time for me to do a clean install of my 2.0 forum on ueuo.com

I'll post back soon.
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Sir Drunken Guy

Check it out.

Sir Drunken Guy

I'm through.

Here's what I put:
Username: 245390
Database: 245390
Server: localhost
Password: Main not FPT
And SMF in the two other boxes.

Now, I'm okay, I think.
Check it out.

Acans

After mySQL its just tells you that the database tables are created, than you set your forums title, few addional settings, than you make your admin account.

Sir Drunken Guy

Yes. I know. Thanks to acans (a hell of a lot) as well as everyone else that helped me. Greatly appericated.
Check it out.

Acans

Sir Drunken Guy

Well thanks for everything.

What's your site then? And if you wanna check out my Simpsons fansite www.simpsonise.wordpress.com and forum www.simpsoniseforum.ueuo.com
Check it out.

Acans

My site on ueuo is just for testing 1.1 and 2.0, I'm waiting for paypal to process my request so I can get paid hosting.

Taking a look at your site now, just send me a PM if you ever need any personal help with the forum free of charge :)

Sir Drunken Guy

Ok. The only help I need now is to make the forum active and put something on the boards. You can help with that if you like.
Check it out.

Sir Drunken Guy

I started added boards and catergory, but this Error comes up.
Board Other Shows does not have a valid parent. Use the 'find and repair errors' function to fix this.
I've tried "find and repair errors" function, but it says it's ok and the Error is still there.
Check it out.

Norv

Please copy and paste (or screenshot) the exact error you receive.

Also, copy and paste here the entire report that you receive when running "find and repair errors".
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Sir Drunken Guy

I have.

The message it says is:
An Error Has Cccured
Quote from: Sir Drunken Guy on August 23, 2009, 10:06:43 AM
Board Other Shows does not have a valid parent. Use the 'find and repair errors' function to fix this.

And when I try to fix it the "Congratulations, no errors found! Thanks for checking." message comes up. I think it happened when I was fiddling around with a catergory and it's boards, renaming, moving, changing, making child boards etc.

PS: What's really annoying is I can't just leave it as I can't change the other catergories either. And as you know I only got it up and running yesterday.
Check it out.

Norv

EDIT: ah, "find and repair" doesn't say anything before that 'Congratulations'?
What exactly is the name of that board, "Other Shows"?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Sir Drunken Guy

The board "Other Shows". The catergory "Television"
Check it out.

Norv

Please run the following SQL query in phpMyAdmin:

select id_board, id_parent, name from smf_boards where name = 'Other Shows';

and paste the results here.

Sir Drunken Guy

This came up.

#1046 - No database selected
Check it out.

Norv

Please select of the left column the database of your forum, and try again.

Sir Drunken Guy

Check it out.

Advertisement: