News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

What to download.

Started by Sir Drunken Guy, August 21, 2009, 11:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

On the left, in phpMyAdmin, there's a column where you probably can see, among others, a list of databases. Select the one with the name of the database you use for your forum.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Sir Drunken Guy

Simpsonise Forum Liftoff:
Check it out.

Norv

Then, please run again the SQL code above, and copy paste here the result.

("Database not selected" was an error, that the database system returned because it simply needs to know on which database to run that code. You need to first select the database, then run the code, for it to have a result that may helps us understand the problem with the board with no parent).
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Sir Drunken Guy

Ok, thanks, I'll try again shortly.
Check it out.

Sir Drunken Guy

Thanks for your help yesterday, Norv, and sorry coz I was only half listening. Anyhows I'll try it all again now.
Check it out.

Sir Drunken Guy

No, sorry I can't get it to work.
Check it out.

Norv

Please post here the result of running the SQL query.

Sir Drunken Guy

Ok, let me have some time to get it up.
Check it out.

Sir Drunken Guy

#1146 - Table '245390.smf_boards' doesn't exist
Check it out.

Norv

Ah... it looks like your table with the boards was deleted. Are you sure you selected your forum's database, and not another, by any chance? 245390 is your forum's database?
You can find your forum's database name in the Admin panel on forum, Server settings, the 'Database and paths' tab.

Sir Drunken Guy

Thanks for your help, but can you help me faster. I want the forum up and running in about 2-3 weeks and it is blocking a major part of the admin panel which I need at the moment. What will instanly fix it?
Check it out.

Norv

Well, a forum can be up and running in a matter of days, even with a little customization.
Sure, if you have more things to do, it can take a lot longer.

Indeed, at this point it may be faster for you to re-create the table (in case you really removed that table), and then, after having the forum up, (or anytime!) make a database backup every day, at the end of the day. This way, any issue may appear on the way, you can always go back and restore, and have at least all you did yesterday back on track.

As for the error right now: I can only judge on the basis of what you tell. If indeed you selected the right database, then it seems you have no table for the boards anymore. IF that is the case, you have the option to import a table from a brand-new SMF same version, then your forum will work and you can add your boards. I will attach such file here if that is the case.
IF however, as it is possible, you didn't select your forum's database, but another one, which of course has no table with "boards", then please check again. And select your forum's database, not another. Then run the query. And copy paste here the result.

Sir Drunken Guy

Yes, well I need to get everything ready.

How do I re-create this table then?
Check it out.

Norv

Please, check your Admin > Server settings and tell what your database name recorded there is.

Norv

Also, please connect with phpMyAdmin, select the database of the forum from the left, then look at the "Structure" tab, then, make a screenshot with all the list of tables that are there.

Sir Drunken Guy

Database name: 245390

There are too many to fit on the page. I made the page smaller and F11ed it but they don't all fit on the page.
Check it out.

Norv

Just the first batch, then, please?

Norv

Alternatively, please run:

select id_board, id_parent, id_cat, name, board_order, child_level from smf_boards;

but make sure to replace "smf_" (from smf_boards) with your actual database prefix.

Sir Drunken Guy

Check it out.

Sir Drunken Guy

I think I might of found something.
The search thing, well I usually search it in SQL and nothing comes up, but this time I searched it in search and there is four results??
Check it out.

Advertisement: