How do I use CBI MOD for Black Rain V.2?

Started by REDSEW, August 25, 2009, 01:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REDSEW

Sorry, I dont know any computer screen recorders or anything and cant find my camera...

I will tell you...

Public_HTML>blackrainv220rc1>images>icons>1
Then I have:
on.png, on2.png, and off.png

Jade Elizabeth

You need to have the black rain folder in your Themes folder lol...
Screenshot: There should be a print screen (prt scr) button somewhere - that should work, then press crt + v in paint to paste it :). If you're still having trouble, I used to use this on my old PC because it didnt have the capability (and I know others who have that issue so I saved it): http://www.box.net/shared/ko1b64gak8 You just open it and click the "take picture" button :).

If no one else can help you tonight, I'll be back tomorrow. I really need to head to bed - I'm tired and sick :P.

Please check:
-It has no enable/disable buttons in admin that may have been missed.
-It works on the Core (SMF default) theme.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

REDSEW

Added them to a zip file in the attachments...
Thanks for that file... Needed it to do this, lol  :P
Anyway... I use a file manager...

REDSEW

Hmmm... It doesnt work in the Defualt theme...

Norv

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on August 25, 2009, 02:21:01 AM

The description says: This mod was packaged from some code found here on simplemachines.org What this mod does is give you the ability to change the default board icons to custom ones just by uploading a new .gif file named on_##.gif, on2_##.gif and off_##.gif to the images directory of the default theme.

The readme says:
Create icons folder in to your /Themes/default/.
In the icons folder create folder which name is the boards id,(meaning only the
number of the board) where you want custom board icon.
Then put on.gif, on2.gif and off.gif in that folder.

Structure:
forum/Themes/default/icons
forum/Themes/default/icons/board_id/on.gif
forum/Themes/default/icons/board_id/on2.gif
forum/Themes/default/icons/board_id/off.gif

(Where "board_id" is the id number of the board you want the icon to show up for. So for example for your first board on your forum it would look like this:

forum/Themes/default/icons/1/on.gif

)

If you're using a different theme, change the "default" folder for that themes folder :).

Please check again the readme as linked by Jade: you didn't create the folder where it says, nor with the name it says.
The paths start with:
forum/Themes/default/icons/1
For the custom theme, replace in the instructions above "default" with the name of the custom theme folder. It's in the ./Themes folder. Not outside it.
Note above: create a folder icons in forum/Themes/default, instead of using the one in images.
Also: create a folder named 1, not 1.0.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

REDSEW

My bad... I forgot to add the themes folder. I have it in the themes folder...
And it still doesnt work... And I never named my folder 1.0 i just named it 1.

Jade Elizabeth

Well the screenshots you sent tell a different story :).

REDSEW

Man...
Here, I posted but I double clicked and the file was to big so I had to upload it on my photobucket...

Jade Elizabeth

Yeah, now go into the black rain AND default directory and show us that :).

REDSEW

I just edited it from the other images... check that area in all the images, it would give you steps on it...

Jade Elizabeth

You really need to pay attention to the readme. Here's a screenshot.

REDSEW

Oh thanks jade, now I understand... I thought it had to do with the images in the forum theme..
Im going to test this out, i miss understood. LOL.

REDSEW

Ummm... Im not sure whats going on, but it still doesnt work, I tried hard refreshing my page but still nothing changed...

REDSEW

I got it working!!
The problem was the .gif doesnt work, it only works with .png... someone has to update thier description lol. :P
Thanks guys. :D

Jade Elizabeth

Advertisement: