Mod for registering automatically large emails without having to register them 1

Started by ne-yola, August 26, 2009, 05:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ne-yola

hello all,

i was wandering if there was a mod to register large amount of people, i already have the emails but i don't want to go thru the stress of registering them one by one

i was hoping ther would be a mod that would input all emails and register them all @ once

prompt response highly appreciated

Arantor

You'll need a user name for each user too, not just an email address, and a password unless you want to give them all the same password.

Assuming the above, there have been scripts written in the past for this - search the forum for 'CSV import script' and that should find them.

ne-yola

hi, i hav gone thru it, its similar to what am looking for, bu the thing is, everything there sounds too complex for me

I am a newbie so i have no pre-knowledge of everything , it entails

i would sincerely appreciate ur help on dis one

Arantor

So, do you have a list of usernames, emails and possibly passwords too?

ne-yola

i have the email addresses, i want it to be thesame as password and they should all be given thesame password

when they r registered , i want them to be sent a mail to log in to change their password

i hope i am clear enof

thanks

Arantor

Arantor

As per forum rules, please note that we usually ask for 24 hours between bumps (and not 40 minutes) - as it turned out I was away from the computer attending to real life.

Doing this is not entirely trivial and will require a custom script.

How many users do you have to register?

Arantor

ne-yola

Hi arantor,

ur question never ends ..lol

smf 1.1.10 and babylonian theme

Arantor

The reason my questions never end is because I need information to help you with this. I've also found in the past that if I make a single post with a list of questions I invariably end up having to reask the questions so by now I do one at a time.

Ooops. Very last question. What format is the list of email addresses in?

ne-yola

its in doc( Microsoft word 2007)
I could arrange them separated by comma
or  a new one in each line

Arantor

Arantor

I'll get on digging out the script for you. It may be a while though, since I'll need to tweak the script even when I do find it.

ne-yola

Hello,

I hope u haven't 4gotten

am waiting for the script

this script http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=211606.0 was working fine but did not send email
maybe u could modify it

let the name be email and let it assign a default password to the users

they should be emailed on registration for activation of their email address

thanks

Arantor

I haven't forgotten, I have just had more pressing matters like real life to attend to.

I will be dealing with this shortly.

Advertisement: