News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Display a board from your forum on your web page

Started by jjmac, May 07, 2005, 12:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjmac

I wrote this simple program for my web site and thought other people may (or may not) find it useful. Basically you choose a board to use as announcements, then you include this file onto your web page somewhere and it will display the latest announcements with a link to go to the forum and read the entire thing. Pretty simple, and the output is bland unless you use some CSS. Here's what mine looks like:

Instead of posting all the code here (so it doesn't take up all the space) I just have a link to a txt file that is the code. Copy and paste it if you want to use it, or right click/download and rename it to .php. Here's the link:  hxxp:www.kromefx.com/projects/forum_news.txt [nonactive]

Hope someone finds it useful. :)

[edit]Perhaps I should have posted this in Tips and Tricks? If so would someone be kind enough to move it? Thanks :)[/edit]

Cool Surfer

www.xpindia.com ; www.onlinemedicalforum.com/smf 

Be Kind And courteous To People On Your Way Up
For You Might Meet Them On Your Way Down...

Thantos

jjmac

Quote from: MikeMill on May 09, 2005, 10:29:25 AM
Why not use ssi_boardNews()?
hmmm. Mainly because I didn't know about it. I've never used a forum software before. I'll check it out, thanks :)

Thantos

PatriiickEmin

How can I use ssi_boardNews() to display my forum news on another web site? Thanks.

Tony Reid

Tony Reid

Advertisement: