Installing SMF with vBulletin

Started by Bose321, August 28, 2009, 04:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bose321

I AM the host, lol. Is it maybe because when you look at the picture I attached few posts before, it says not allowed?

ThorstenE

no, I don't think so.. "not allowed" is related to the CREATE DATABASE privilegue. Is the MySQL daemon installed on the same server or a different system than the webserver?

Bose321

Norv

Hello, do you still need assistance on this problem?
If so, please make sure the user you try to use for SMF installation has the right to access the database.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Bose321

Still need help on this. I managed to install phpbb, but the spam is freaking big...

Norv

The user that you tell SMF to use needs access to the database. Try telling SMF, during installation, the same user that vBulletin used when connecting to the database.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

NaYa

i am also a newbie here.

in my opinion you need to read the help file

check this and read all with care ..Coverting to smf .

i think that u have used different database,the smf username need access in vb database.

check alll with care.

i think experts will correct any errors here.

Thank you.
http://www.filmyplanet.com - The entertainment portal !

Advertisement: