News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Theme] SMFone

Started by A.M.A, April 15, 2005, 07:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoen

Buttons in Norwegian.. At least an attempt :P
Alf Otto 'Skoen' Fagermo
Retired Norwegian translator

Jelte

Again I would like to mention how great this theme is! :)

But I have one problem with it. That is that the template font get messed in IE. The font is huge and the forum isn't displayed right anymore. In firefox everything works fine.

Example: http://www.x-tras.nl/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=97 [nofollow]

I'm using the site with Joomla 1.0.8 and Joomla-SMF 1.1RC2. I asked on the Joomla-SMF forum and they told me the he problem must be in the template (compability with SMF 1.1RC2).

What needs to be changed in the template to make the page also work in IE?

Daniel MD

This theme rules, Couple of things... can i use it on my forum and modify some parts? Is there a license, i don't see one?

Where do i get the latest version of this theme i am using 1.1 RC2?
No anwsers: Looks like i will have to modify it to work with RC2.

I have found the following issues:
-Cannot change avatar
-Calendar gone
-Buddy list does not load
-TrackUser
-TrackIP
-ShowPermission
-It always uses a Tree instead of a line (Row) for the Thread display.

If you find any more issues please post them here.
All the Best,
Dan

paki

Quote from: Daniel MD on March 29, 2006, 05:07:37 PM
This theme rules, Couple of things... can i use it on my forum and modify some parts? Is there a license, i don't see one?

Where do i get the latest version of this theme i am using 1.1 RC2?
No anwsers: Looks like i will have to modify it to work with RC2.

I have found the following issues:
-Cannot change avatar
-Calendar gone
-Buddy list does not load
-TrackUser
-TrackIP
-ShowPermission
-It always uses a Tree instead of a line (Row) for the Thread display.

If you find any more issues please post them here.
All the Best,
Dan

you can use your default Display.template.php file and it will work correctly. It seems like the Display.template.php file that comes with the theme is stripped down, and certain actions (such as TrackUser, TrackIP, etc) have been removed and will give you errors. Personally, i use SMFOne_Blue and i replaced the Display.template.php file with the original one in the default folder, and everything works fine
http://www.dfwhyundais.com <-- Dallas/Ft. Worth's Local Hyundai Group

Daniel MD

Thanks for the tip, i will try it :)

And try i did, The only thing this solved was the Calendar, i still have all other problems :(

I replaced it with ftp overright. Display.template from the default... are you using RC2?
I also copy profile.template and now it seems that all is working :P

paki

http://www.dfwhyundais.com <-- Dallas/Ft. Worth's Local Hyundai Group

Daniel MD

thanks for your help paki  8)

Daniel MD

Hi i updated the theme, i think it now works well with RC2 :)

I don't know where to post it, i can't seem to have attachments, and also i don't know where to change versio numbers, some files show 1.1RC2 otehr show 1.0 version.

crazyworld

redone

@Daniel_MD ~ if you have updated the theme then send it to me and I will post the update here.

J. Williams

Daniel MD,The versions are stated at the tops.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Daniel MD

Hi,

I don't know where i put the file... give me 10min.... to find it, update the version numbers (it works with my installation of RC2, and i added a default icon for the ajax post edit), i will change the version numbers, test it again, and send by email (if you guys provide one, i can't seem to have the right to attach files in PM).

I have live demo here http://netbeans.im-thinking.com/ see if you find any issues.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

redone

Seems fine to me too. If you could send me a zip copy to my email address I will add it your update to this thread.

Snape

Quote from: Daniel MD on April 23, 2006, 02:56:40 PM
Hi,

I don't know where i put the file... give me 10min.... to find it, update the version numbers (it works with my installation of RC2, and i added a default icon for the ajax post edit), i will change the version numbers, test it again, and send by email (if you guys provide one, i can't seem to have the right to attach files in PM).

I have live demo here http://netbeans.im-thinking.com/ see if you find any issues.
Just curious...what all did you change?  Other than applying the style.css patch posted in this thread about the time RC2 came out, I haven't done anything other than applying the original package and the RC1 mod package and it works fine in RC2 as far as I can tell.

Deaks

there are large changes between 1.1 rc and 1.1 rc2

Template changes SMF 1.1RC1 to SMF 1.1 RC2

if these areas arent changed then you will recieve errors, mainly in your error log.

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Daniel MD

Quote from: Snape on April 23, 2006, 06:52:44 PM
Just curious...what all did you change?  Other than applying the style.css patch posted in this thread about the time RC2 came out, I haven't done anything other than applying the original package and the RC1 mod package and it works fine in RC2 as far as I can tell.

Hum nice question... i did change a couple of things but while i was updating version numbers, i looked side by side at the default files and the theme files and i found many differences... i am going over the files again and will test it, and then i will post it... sorry for teh delay, but i really don't want to break other people SMF isntallations  :-\

Deaks

your best comparing the index.template with the babylon one :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Daniel MD

Quote from: sloopz on April 24, 2006, 05:59:18 PM
your best comparing the index.template with the babylon one :)

OK that is what i did... it's in your mailbox  ;D

I used WinMerge... so don't blame me if something goes wrong use at own risk, it works well in my RC2 installation... if you have problems post here and i will try to help.

Deaks

cool cool ill check later off to bed now
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: