Just did a fresh forum install and added a theme....

Started by kilerb, August 28, 2009, 02:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilerb

I told it to not allow people to change the theme, but when I click on a post or topic, it reverts back to not having a theme.  Just the default blue.  Why would this happen?  Thanks!  The site is www.mmaunderdogs.com/forum

!Hachi!

site is down.
check admin>boards>your forum board where theme reverts and check if you are using default theme or not.
Happy Ramadan

kilerb

Quote from: !Hachi! on August 28, 2009, 07:47:41 PM
site is down.
check admin>boards>your forum board where theme reverts and check if you are using default theme or not.

Yep, the server was being upgraded...   I had to reinstall the entire thing because of that.  It installed fine this second time, but now when I add the diablo theme, it's all messed up.  Doesn't look like it worked at all....  The first time it looked great, now this...  www.mmaunderdogs.com/forum

mashby

Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

kilerb

Quote from: mashby on August 29, 2009, 03:59:57 PM
http://www.mmaunderdogs.com/forum/Themes/Diablo3/style.css?fin11

The requested URL /forum/Themes/Diablo3/style.css was not found on this server.

Weird, I did it the same way I did it a couple days ago.  I downloaded the zip of that theme, and browsed for it in the admin/themes area...  It said it installed.  I tried again and the same thing happened.  Why might this be happening?  Thanks!

kilerb

By the way, I was just looking with my ftp program...  There's nothing in the themes/diablo folder.  The first time I did this it worked prefectly.  Why would it not extract there now? 

kilerb

I just uploaded it myself to the themes directory and it worked.  Not sure why it wouldn't execute like it did last time.  I just had my server started from scratch and maybe there is a setting that won't let things execute on it now...  not sure.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

mashby

That's a great question...about the only thing I can think of is that the FTP part in SMF doesn't have the correct info?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: