News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags

Started by Arantor, September 01, 2009, 06:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@ngel

Arantor

Thank you @ngel, I'll bundle that up into the file for v1.2, which I'll try and sort out later on tonight :)

bbmtalk

Hi Arantor,

I see you posted 1.1 version which includes 3 groups. That is awesome!! Thank you!

Should I wait for 1.2?

Arantor

The only difference between 1.1 and 1.2 will be the French translation; 1.1 already has both the 3 groups and permissions to individually control them (for both SMF 1.1 and 2.0 series)

Dzonny

mirahalo

good mod Arantor, here is Spanish translation:

$txt['tag_comment_mod'] = 'Comentario del Moderador';
$txt['tag_comment_admin'] = 'Comentario del Adminstrador';

it doesn't use any rare character so it could be use on utf-8 and normal ;)

Rohan_

i uninstalled the old one and installed the new :) thanks ..... my super mods ate my head for this feature to give them
Proud To Be An Indian

bbmtalk

I also installed 1.1 and my global mods are happier with their own color showing their status. Thanks for adding it.

I have one issue though. In member permission, I assigned "mod squad" to only the mod tag and they can only see the mod BBC icon.

However, if they manually type [gmod] comment [/gmod], it will display global moderator comment and not remove the tag.

It is the same for regular members who didn't even assign to any mod tag - only happens for gmod.

Any idea why?

Rohan_

same problem here .. everyone can use gmod tags :( ... the image for gmod tag did not appears but if anyone type gmod manually then everyone can use it
Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

130860, thanks for the translation - unfortunately with 1.1 I added a ton new strings which would also need translation.

Guys, thanks for the report. I'm not sure which version of SMF you're using so I'll just have to recheck both sets of code.

I'll roll the update for French in to the fix for this one too, expect to see 1.2 later on tonight, all fixed plus with French translation.

Arantor

In fact... expect to see it momentarily. Stupid error on my part, fixed now for both 1.1 and 2.0, mod updated to 1.2 on the site - with French translation added.

Sabre™

lol
I was wondering how that line couldve been gmod, you had me going over the install.xml trying to find the mystery code that achieved it lol

Good work mate :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Arantor

It's the regular expression and the replaces in the middle block in Subs-Post, it was supposed to strip [gmod except where I copy/pasted from the admin block I kinda modded the permission set - and forgot to edit the code, so it would be stripping [admin again.

mirahalo

Quote from: Arantor on September 04, 2009, 05:41:43 PM
130860, thanks for the translation - unfortunately with 1.1 I added a ton new strings which would also need translation.

lol I missed it   :P , I will translate all and post it again ;)

Arantor

Many thanks - I'll add to 1.3 when that's done :)

mirahalo

ok, here you go:

utf-8:

$txt['tag_comment_mod'] = 'Comentario de Moderador';
$txt['tag_comment_gmod'] = 'Comentario de moderador global';
$txt['tag_comment_admin'] = 'Comentario de Administrador';
$txt['permissiongroup_modtag'] = 'Control de tags de moderador';
$txt['permissiongroup_simple_modtag'] = 'Control de tags de moderador';
$txt['permissionname_allow_mod_tag'] = '¿Permitir a este grupo usar el tag [mod] ?';
$txt['permissionhelp_allow_mod_tag'] = 'Este permiso, permite a los usuarios en este grupo usar el tag [mod] para usar comentarios al moderador. Estos comentarios no son removidos si el usuario abandona el grupo.';
$txt['permissionname_allow_gmod_tag'] = '¿Permitir a este grupo usar el tag [gmod] ?';
$txt['permissionhelp_allow_gmod_tag'] = 'Este permiso, permite a los usuarios en este grupo usar el tag [gmod] para usar comentarios al moderador global. Estos comentarios no son removidos si el usuario abandona el grupo.';
$txt['permissionname_allow_admin_tag'] = '¿Permitir a este grupo usar el tag [admin] ?';
$txt['permissionhelp_allow_admin_tag'] = 'Este permiso, permite a los usuarios en este grupo usar el tag [admin] para usar comentarios al administrador. Estos comentarios no son removidos si el usuario abandona el grupo.';

ANSI:

$txt['tag_comment_mod'] = 'Comentario de Moderador';
$txt['tag_comment_gmod'] = 'Comentario de moderador global';
$txt['tag_comment_admin'] = 'Comentario de Administrador';
$txt['permissiongroup_modtag'] = 'Control de tags de moderador';
$txt['permissiongroup_simple_modtag'] = 'Control de tags de moderador';
$txt['permissionname_allow_mod_tag'] = '¿Permitir a este grupo usar el tag [mod] ?';
$txt['permissionhelp_allow_mod_tag'] = 'Este permiso, permite a los usuarios en este grupo usar el tag [mod] para usar comentarios al moderador. Estos comentarios no son removidos si el usuario abandona el grupo.';
$txt['permissionname_allow_gmod_tag'] = '¿Permitir a este grupo usar el tag [gmod] ?';
$txt['permissionhelp_allow_gmod_tag'] = 'Este permiso, permite a los usuarios en este grupo usar el tag [gmod] para usar comentarios al moderador global. Estos comentarios no son removidos si el usuario abandona el grupo.';
$txt['permissionname_allow_admin_tag'] = '¿Permitir a este grupo usar el tag [admin] ?';
$txt['permissionhelp_allow_admin_tag'] = 'Este permiso, permite a los usuarios en este grupo usar el tag [admin] para usar comentarios al administrador. Estos comentarios no son removidos si el usuario abandona el grupo.';

it is valide to use on spanish_latin and spanish_es as well ;)

bbmtalk

Arantor, thanks for the update.

I think the issue with gmod is fixed. After I installed the updated version, all of the following three show up French.

$txt['tag_comment_mod'] = 'Moderator Comment';
$txt['tag_comment_gmod'] = 'Global Moderator Comment';
$txt['tag_comment_admin'] = 'Administrator Comment';

My forum is only English. After removing all French text in Modification.english.php, they all now show in English.

Arantor

Today just isn't my day, is it? Thanks for the heads-up, I know precisely what I did wrong there.

Another stupid mistake from trying to do too much.

Will repackage, fixed, with Spanish support in just a moment as v1.3.

Arantor

Right, Spanish version added plus French issue fixed - for some reason the wrong version of the french.xml file was in the zip.

Sabre™

Quote from: Arantor on September 04, 2009, 06:52:16 PM
Today just isn't my day, is it?

lol
* scratches 'MIT director' from the ~~ Who is Arantor? list
Im personally sticking with your original release, as I have no need for the added function [gmod].
For now that is.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Advertisement: