Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags

Started by Arantor, September 01, 2009, 06:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Not all end cases require technical solutions. I don't understand why this 'every possible edge case must be fixed with a code solution' mentality is so prevalent. You cannot fix user idiocy or users being deliberately irritating to each other by way of code.

The permissions should still work regardless, though. They certainly did when I originally wrote this mod like 5 years ago. And on an otherwise unmodified 2.0.9 + this mod it seems to work properly for me...

The PM code flow is strange, but preparsecode still gets called and the permissions checks should still be run even in that situation. It just gets called later.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Lol you talk about fixing edge cases and you are always concerned about them when you write code... I don't quite get it. Whatever.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Like you even know what I mean by 'edge cases'.

Ninja ZX-10RR

That's your thought. Arguing is quite useless, you can either fix the code or leave it there but I have better things to do than arguing about this.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Paracelsus

Guys, emulating this one isn't working for me, I don't get the install mod option, just list files and delete.

luuuciano

Quote from: Paracelsus on February 10, 2015, 06:42:07 PM
Guys, emulating this one isn't working for me, I don't get the install mod option, just list files and delete.

How you emulate it? maybe you are writing it wrong
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Paracelsus

Quote from: luuuciano on February 11, 2015, 08:50:30 AM
Quote from: Paracelsus on February 10, 2015, 06:42:07 PM

How you emulate it? maybe you are writing it wrong

Forget it luuuciano, I was emulating it wrong. Installation went fine after that.

Paracelsus

Quote from: Yukino on August 10, 2011, 02:25:08 AM
Hi,

First of all, I love this mod. It is really helpful :)

Now for the question. I would just like to make sure if the mod really strips the formatting inside the the tags? Like the line breaks, or even listing. Because when I recently updated to SMF 2.0 final and updated the mod as well, it now strips those.

If it shouldn't be doing that, what could've made it work that way? Is installing it as emulating SMF 2.0 RC5 be the culprit?

Thanks!

Having recently installed the mod on SMF 2 I notice the same thing with line breaks... They don't exist inside the comment tag. There's a workaround though, to use the [ br ] bbcode tag, it creates the desired line break.

simplebeer

I see this isn't compatible with 2.0.10 right? Will it be soI use this on 1.1.21 and want to update tot 2.0.10....

Thanks...
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

Kindred

this is compatible  with 2.0.10
Almost any mod for 2.0.x will work with any other 2.0.x
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Empire KickAss

Quote from: simplebeer on December 15, 2013, 06:45:04 AM
Ok done, for anyone who is interested.

Add as many of these line's you want and change the ['mod'] in for example ['mod2'] ['mod2'].....etc

Quote$context['bbc_tags'][$last]['mod2'] = array('code' => 'mod', 'before' => '[mod]', 'after' => '[/mod]', 'description' => $txt['tag_comment_mod']);
         if($gmodtag)

$context['bbc_tags'][$last]['mod3'] = array('code' => 'mod', 'before' => '[mod]', 'after' => '[/mod]', 'description' => $txt['tag_comment_mod']);
         if($gmodtag)
And don't forget to add as many mod2.gif, mod3.gif....etc as you add lines!

You can type standard tekst here:

Quote$context['bbc_tags'][$last]['mod2'] = array('code' => 'mod', 'before' => '[mod]you can add here', 'after' => '[/mod]', 'description' => $txt['tag_comment_mod']);
         if($gmodtag)

$context['bbc_tags'][$last]['mod3'] = array('code' => 'mod', 'before' => '[mod]you can add here something else ', 'after' => '[/mod]', 'description' => $txt['tag_comment_mod']);
         if($gmodtag)

Now it wil work, but of course i want to help the moderators, it should be easy if they can see which buttons do what if they touch it with the cursor.

So i also change the ['tag_comment_mod'] to ['tag_comment_mod2'] , ['tag_comment_mod3']....etc

Quote$context['bbc_tags'][$last]['mod2'] = array('code' => 'mod', 'before' => '[mod]you can add here', 'after' => '[/mod]', 'description' => $txt['tag_comment_mod2']);
         if($gmodtag)

$context['bbc_tags'][$last]['mod3'] = array('code' => 'mod', 'before' => '[mod]you can add here something else', 'after' => '[/mod]', 'description' => $txt['tag_comment_mod3']);
         if($gmodtag)

After that go to the ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

and add extra $txt['tag_comment_mod'] = ' lines

Quote$txt['tag_comment_mod'] = 'youre moderator comment for helping mod 1 ';
$txt['tag_comment_mod2'] = 'youre moderator comment for helping mod 2';
$txt['tag_comment_mod3'] = 'youre moderator comment for helping mod 3';

Ok that's it i think!

Or do i forget anything? permissions appear to be good  ::)

This option does not help.. so Can you help me to get it to work, I add the code and the tag shows but [lock][/lock] that what I get so fair
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

Empire KickAss

Alright, I have it working 100% and I have customise it to my liking, Apart from the post above where I added an 4th option and it's not working. Anyway I can't work out the permissions for it? Only the admin has the option to do this and I need other staff group to see there options to..

So from the ManagePermissions.php where do I go from there?
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

mikk

Hi,

it's a good mod, but slightly unusable, because if I modify post with admin tags, then if any moderator modify this post again, admin tags are disappear...

Kindred

yes...  because otherwise, a moderator (or the user) could modify the text between the admin tags and make it seem to say whatever they wanted
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Americano

Does mod works on the latest version smf?

Empire KickAss

Paracelsus

Does anybody has a fix for that strange phenomenon that "strips" things like line breaks or lists when writing inside these tags (you have to type [ br ] without the spaces to get a line break). The 1.x version was ok, it happens in the 2.x version.

Kindred

hmmm... doesn't happen for me...

are you using the wysiwyg editor?
Слaва
Украинi

strano

Does works on SMF 2.0.10? I've to change the smf version under the options?

Paracelsus

Quote from: Kindred on June 11, 2015, 02:12:42 PM
hmmm... doesn't happen for me...

are you using the wysiwyg editor?

It happens no matter if wysiwyg is activated or not.

Advertisement: