News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Mod of the Month, August

Started by [SiNaN], September 01, 2009, 10:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoLoGHoST

Sabre, you cracked me up with that post...lol.  Anyways, was just a thought I was throwing out there.  I don't need a ribbon, but surely wouldn't hurt any.  I just thought it would be a better motivator to keep us going and hopefully attract new MOD developers.  It's like anything else, when you see someone get recognized for their work (especially in a workplace environment), it makes you wanna be recognized also.  Same thing applies to MOD/Theme Developers for SMF.  In short, don't need a hug...lol ;)

Cheers :)

Sabre™

lol
Yeah I agree with you mate :)
There's nothing wrong with your ribbon idea, or this idea as a whole.
Keep up the great work mate, and know that I and everybody else, always will appreciate it, as we always have :)
You guys n gals are also our unofficial teachers, so thanks for that aswell.

regards
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

live627

An amazing mod deserves an amazing prize. Good work, SoLoGHoST

SoLoGHoST

SAFAD

Gratz SoloGhost
But How Did You Choose This Mod
I Mean By A Poll Or Something ?
Anyway
GoodJob
I Will Try Beat You This Month
Or Maybe Later
Best Regards
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

Arantor

The mod was chosen by the team in recognition for the functionality and usefulness of this mod.

SoLoGHoST

Thanks SAFAD, I haven't released any mods this month yet, a bit busy at home, so much going on atm.  May not even get the chance to release any this month :(

Arantor

Just as a clarification to anyone who is concerned: none of my mods are eligible - along with any released by the team - because that would be biased. The team votes on what the community produces.

SoLoGHoST

Well, gee, thanks, that makes me feel better Arantor.... NOT!  It's all good though :)

Afro

SoLoGHoST

Thanks Akpaka :)  Good Luck!

SAFAD

So I Will Forget Ya This Month
Maybe Next Will Be Harder Competition
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

Sabre™

When is the next "Mod of the Month" being decided?
On the 2nd of this month like this one was?
The thread I mean
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Arantor

I believe it is being decided at the moment. I think it's fair to say you can expect an announcement in the next couple of days or so from the Customizer team.

Sabre™

Nice.
Good luck all :)

And thanks mate.

Arantor

No need to wish me luck; team members are excluded on the basis of ensuring fairness, and it means instead of looking at what we're making, we're looking out to you, the fantastic community here to see what ingenious mods you'll come up with.

The modding community here is growing, IMO, and it's raising the bar on what mods are likely to be the Mod of the Month. But as ever, the competition is open each month, and we do look over every mod released that month.

Sabre™

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2009, 05:55:42 PM
The modding community here is growing, IMO, and it's raising the bar on what mods are likely to be the Mod of the Month.

Oh most definitely!
It's great going to the latest submissions section and comb through the code and ideas.
Although it is not a factor, I hope the competitive nature of some of the authors helps them to focus on quality of the mods, rather than quantity.
Threads like this help achieve that, and help the idea factory to keep on rolling. imo

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2009, 05:55:42 PM
No need to wish me luck; team members are excluded on the basis of ensuring fairness..

Yeah I know ;)
Keep up the great job all  8)

Arantor

Actually I have to say that on the whole, I think the quality of mods and coding is improving too; not everyone who submits mods are expert coders, and I love the fact that the whole program encourages 'have a go heroes' with modding.

Most of the mods I've seen from September were of a higher standard of coding across the board IMO than the average level in August, but that's because we're all growing, learning and improving.

I know my own mods have improved in style in that time, through looking at how others are doing things, and learning from each other.

Long live the mod community :)

Sabre™

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2009, 06:18:14 PM
Long live the mod community :)
x2
And those of us that further our knowledge because of their contributions.
Which would make that, all of us :)
Good luck all, see yous in the next thread --> "Mod of the Month, September"

Arantor

How do you think I started modding - I looked at existing ones to see what they did :)

Didn't fool me :P

Advertisement: