News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Uploading images throw the post editor

Started by Felix J, September 03, 2009, 06:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felix J

I think it would be cool if you could upload images to the server via the editor when making a new post and also choose which users that should have this ability. Currently you can only link to a image via a web adress throw the editor?

Maybe a mod could be done?

Tell me what you think. :)

Hmm after some looking I found this, however not exacly what I was looking for; http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1669

Since the mod stores images on a third party image hosting service.

Arantor

What about the additional options below the posting area which allow you to attach files to posts?

Felix J

Well that works, however I would like the image to be added among with the text and not under the text if you see what I mean.

For example;

Here is some text

some more text

I guess you could just make a attachment to the image and the image gets automatically uploaded to your server and then just use the IMG tags, but then you would need to remove the attachment from the post after created post, if you only want the image to be among with the text?

I want a function that not make the image as a attachment and instead just upload the image to the server, since  I want the image to be among the text.

Arantor

Felix J

Ok, that could be a solution actually. Will try it out.

Advertisement: