Starting a new forum what hosting is best...

Started by Denzlepob, September 03, 2009, 09:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denzlepob

Hello, first post here, I am hoping to open a new forum and would welcome any suggestions for the hosting side of things, need pictures, polls and videos from youtube etc don't want to get too bogged down in techie stuff.

Thanks

Denzlepob (UK)

TheListener

For what you say then a thorough search for youtube and gallery would be worthwhile in the modifications section.

Make sure your host supports what smf has to offer as in ftp and control panel access which is a big help when maintaining the forum.

Not many free hosts support the majority of what is required so go through everything with a fine tooth comb first.

Chautona

Jason over at hxxp:charlottezweb.com [nonactive] is the BEST.  I've dealt with half a dozen companies over the years and I have to say, he's tops.  I'll never need anyone else.

Arantor

There's a whole board on Hosting further down the board index. Have a read of what different people have to say then make an informed decision.

TDNY

Go with Arvixe, they are the best in my book. Very helpful, they go way above and beyond what a host is responsible for. I'm not so tech savvy but it's great that they are.
TD

Kill Em All

I like Bluehost, very powerful but simple for users like you. :)

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Arantor

Everyone has their preferences, but you would be advised to read up in the Hosting board - particularly the reviews.

Advertisement: