News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

upcoming smf-mambo bridge wishlist

Started by Psiloman, April 16, 2005, 07:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torkil

The revenue sharing concept that joomlaya.com uses is brilliant:
http://www.joomlaya.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=94&Itemid=75

Seems like you can add your Google ID to your vBulletin user details. Simplemachines does not support this I think. So I was thinking that it would be excellent if the bridge was compatible with communitybuilder, cause then I could create a custom field for Google ID and make my own implementation of this really neat revenue sharing feature.

exrace

I would like to see:

* Fully integrated user admin that sits within Joomla including smf security groups for the forums
* User un-subscribe which would "disable" a user for admin to remove later
* User disable function in Joomla that would disable/ban user in smf and Joomla
* Code that doesn't require you to do "conditional logic" to stop double "head" tags when wrapped
* Toggle to turn off style sheet from smf when wrapped

Would love to see the feature list for new bridge. :)

Orstio

QuoteWould love to see the feature list for new bridge.

So far:

• One step installation.  No more mods to SMF, and the components and modules are installed from one zip file.
  • Integration is tighter, due to the integration hooks in SMF 1.1
  • Migration of users from Mambo to SMF, and from SMF to Mambo.
  • "Smart" redirects.
  • Email address and password changes in SMF change in Mambo automatically.
  • Deleting members in SMF deletes them automatically in Mambo.
  • Selecting SMF registration in the config will register into both SMF and Mambo without waiting for login.

Quote* Fully integrated user admin that sits within Joomla including smf security groups for the forums

I have been working on this when I can.  I had something almost working for SMF 1.0.x, but changes in SMF 1.1 broke that.  I know this is something that many people want, and I'll do what I can.

Quote* User un-subscribe which would "disable" a user for admin to remove later
* User disable function in Joomla that would disable/ban user in smf and Joomla

These sound like features to be added to SMF and/or Mambo/Joomla, not necessarily the bridge.  I believe that banning a user in SMF prevents a user from logging in to Mambo/Joomla as well.

Quote* Code that doesn't require you to do "conditional logic" to stop double "head" tags when wrapped
* Toggle to turn off style sheet from smf when wrapped

Those are pretty much rooted in the same issue.  I've tried a few things, but the main problem with this is the fact that with themes and templates, there are really not enough absolutes to write code to make this flawless for every SMF theme and every Mambo template.  The only solution that would be 100% is users making theme and template combinations for others that come with the alterations specific to those themes and templates.

NoRad

boogiedown

Quote from: Orstio on June 12, 2005, 10:32:30 AM
The next release of the bridge will be Community Builder-friendly.

I believe I can adjust the Mambo-phpShop hack for the bridge to work with this as well.   :D

Orstio,

just wondering if this is already compatable with the current version of this bridge

ChaosEnergy

it creates account (but does not enter name and so on, also no redirection to the profile, to enter mandantory values..but as read..it will follow..so sit back and wait :P )

i noticed an issue with 3.20
using bridge registration and wrapped forum, the user gets a fullscreen view, with the forum url...after login
when he comes back to main page, he is logged in, and wrapped mode works fine...but first time, he breaks out of the wrapped mode...
Chaos Empire ®

spiros

I am not sure whether I am the first one saying this but here you go:

I think when one clicks on the comment link, and a new topic is created with part of the article, if the user decides not to write a reply, then the topic should be automatically deleted.

What do you think about that?

chadness

Quote from: spiros on January 05, 2006, 05:03:30 PM
I am not sure whether I am the first one saying this but here you go:

I think when one clicks on the comment link, and a new topic is created with part of the article, if the user decides not to write a reply, then the topic should be automatically deleted.

What do you think about that?
If you are using one of the newer versions of the discussbot, and you have it set up to automatically go in to a reply (there is a setting to only do this for the first post), it won't be saved if they don't save it.

Advertisement: