News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Share This Topic

Started by Suki, September 06, 2009, 05:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

You are the best! This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you.

palmdoc

INstalled v 4.2 on 2.015 Sunrise theme
I get Twitter and G+ buttons but not Facebook
ANy tips?

landyvlad

So is this working well? 

I'd appreciate a screenshot of how it looks when a post or thread is shared to facebook, for example.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Ranami

I hope one can still get support on this mod here. Thing is I have this mod version 4.1.2 installed on SMF 2.0.15, but the Facebook and add this buttons are not visible on most browsers. The twitter button seems to be okay with different browsers though.

Is there something I can do to make all the buttons appear in all browsers? Thanks in advance.

Ranami

Quote from: Suki on May 17, 2016, 10:18:28 AM
Ah yes this mod is quite old and it doesn't support ssl, will take a look at and and release a new version. I honestly cannot remember the mod's code so I cannot give you a quick n dirty fix for it but a quick search with notepad++ for http// and replace it with // (schema less urls) on this mod's source file should do the trick.
Never mind. Tried this solution and it worked, thanks.

Biology Forums

What's the advantage to using this when you can just use an Addthis script instead? Asking out of pure curiosity.

Diego Andrés

Some social mods have aged and this one isn't the exception.
Addthis coincidentally rebranded itself to what we know today on the exact year this mod was last updated :P

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Biology Forums

Quote from: Diego Andrés on August 13, 2019, 11:57:50 PM
Some social mods have aged and this one isn't the exception.
Addthis coincidentally rebranded itself to what we know today on the exact year this mod was last updated :P

2009 was 10 years ago! If anyone needs help implementing this (https://www.addthis.com), PM me.

Douglas

Hey, @Suki? Any chance you can update this to work with 2.1?
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Diego Andrés

You're probably better off manually inserting the share buttons and stuff

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

njtweb

This mod still works fine on my site except the "add this" image no longer works. Can anyone help with this? Thanks to all in advance.You cannot view this attachment.

vicente127

I can't download the mod, it says the ID is wrong, or smth like that :(

Advertisement: