News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Implemented] Contents of input-fields and -boxes

Started by Sander, August 05, 2003, 08:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sander

Accidentally going to another page while entering a messages and discovering that your message has disappeared after pressing your browser's Back-button. [Unknown] wrote that this would be fixed in a newer version. The problem still exists on this board...  :(
And now for something completely different.

Tim

I'd really like to know how he did that, because I think that that text is only stored in the memory of your computer?

A.M.A

In the contrary (if my memories serve me right) [Unknown] said that it can not be done server-side though some argued that VB does so!
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

mephisto_kur

Yup, if you hit the back button, your message will still be there in VB, so it *must* be possible.
She put her foot down on the oscillation pedal - she was a transdimensional speeder!

Sander

Quote from: Tim on August 05, 2003, 09:21:54 AM
I'd really like to know how he did that, because I think that that text is only stored in the memory of your computer?

Aka 'browser-cache'? ;)
And now for something completely different.

[Unknown]

Let me explain this better.

1. If you click "Post" but you did not fill in the subject, it brings everything back - not showing just an error screen as before.  This is what most people wanted.

2. It cannot be done - period.  It is your browser's job to remember the things you type in, and for some reason it sometimes does and sometimes does not.  And I mean that I've seen it both not do it and do it here in this very forum... on the same computer during the same session under the same account with the same browser.

So saying it can be done in vB is true - sometimes it is done in vB, just like sometimes it's done in SMF and sometimes it's done in YaBB SE.

So go bug Microsoft.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: