News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Big problems

Started by buckshot, September 08, 2009, 03:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Sounds like the affiliate mod wasn't installed correctly. Many mods not only install code changes but add one or more database changes too - this is one of them.

Please can you link to the mod you've installed, so I can talk you through how to make the relevant database changes?

Arantor

Download the 3.0.3 version to your computer, open the zip file up and you'll find db_affiliates.php. Upload this to your forum directory (where SSI.php) is, then browse to forum.com/db_affiliates.php where forum.com is the address of your forum.

buckshot

that is done..
Still no change.

When I try to redirect to the admin page as the install says I just get this

Fatal error: Call to undefined function AffiliatesMain() in /usr/home/alltkul/domains/aggma.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php on line 625

Arantor

That's now a different error.

If you've done a manual install, it looks as though Admin.php was not edited - or if it was, an edit was missed.

buckshot

OK.. then I have to look at it again..
I have been over that file a million times...haha..

It is also attached if you would like to have a look

Arantor

AffiliatesMain() isn't present there, so you've definitely missed one of the edits.

Using Manual Installation of Mods as a guide - step through the entire set of instructions to see what should be declared, since something is missing. It may be that you're missing the other files that need to be uploaded.

buckshot

Hmm..

All the things in the manual install instructions for the mod is in the Admin.php file.
I cannot figure out what AffiliatesMain() is pointing at.
But the lines are all there.

Arantor

There are several files that are also attached to the mod - did you upload them all too? (AffiliatesMain is in Affiliates.php which is supposed to be in the Sources directory)

buckshot

Yes I uploaded them all.

The Affiliates.php is in the Sources Directory

Arantor

If Affiliates.php is in the Sources directory this error shouldn't occur.

I'd personally suggest going to the mod's own support page on this because it's clear the mod didn't get installed, and no-one knows the mod better than its author.

buckshot

OK.. I'll try that then

Thank you very much for all the help!

TheListener

Which affiliate mod do you use?

buckshot

I use the SMF Affiliate Mod 3.0.3
It manually installed since the install script would not work after I un-installed the previous version

Arantor

So what other mods do you have installed?

Advertisement: