Word Count Limits

Started by ethankcvds, September 08, 2009, 11:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugo

Russian language files (see attachments)

XxDrAg0nxX

Quote from: Arantor on December 01, 2009, 05:56:50 PM
No, that means if you can figure out very specifically what you want, we can try and come up with rules.

What 1 and 2 letter words should be considered as allowed?

Was the 2 word allowed updated yet? I also find a lot complain that these proper words are not counted..

I
WE
IF
ME
US
IN
OF
ON
OR
OK
OX
PC
PM
A
AM
AN
AD
AK
AN
SO
DO
GO
HE
HI
HA
JK
LA
BE
NO
ME

Arantor

I never updated it for that since noone before now ever bothered to answer the question. I subsequently gave the mod away, but wouldn't be that hard to do.

ethankcvds

I'll be adding that as soon as I find time to do so. Which I don't know when that might be.
No Pm's for support please!

gisfreak

applied on SMF 1.1.11

result in

QuoteExecute Modification     ./Sources/ManageBoards.php     Test failed

any clue ?
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

ethankcvds

Quote from: gisfreak on August 24, 2010, 03:24:23 AM
applied on SMF 1.1.11

result in

QuoteExecute Modification     ./Sources/ManageBoards.php     Test failed

any clue ?

Are you trying to install or uninstall? Have any other mods installed that edited the ManageBoards.php file? Have you tried to apply the necessary edits yourself to install or uninstall the mod?

gisfreak

i want to install it on my forum, custom themes  ::)

YES i have many many mod installed,but i cant remember which one of the previous mod that modified manageboard  :P

oke, i will try to edit it manually  ???

Sefket

I have this mod on my site, and everyone hates it(One of my administrators installed it). I'm trying to uninstall it, but I get this error:

Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageBoards.php    Test failed

I have a custom theme also.

1.1.11 version boarads

ethankcvds

Quote from: Sefket on October 28, 2010, 01:06:47 PM
I have this mod on my site, and everyone hates it(One of my administrators installed it). I'm trying to uninstall it, but I get this error:

Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageBoards.php    Test failed

I have a custom theme also.

1.1.11 version boarads

You will have to manually uninstall the code changes in /Sources/ManageBoards.php. Follow the Manual Install instructions found on this http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2117 for your version of SMF by removing the code that is listed in Add After: and Add Before:. Then uninstall it from the package manger while disregarding Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageBoards.php    Test failed error. Or you could take the harder approach by uninstalling mods that were installed after this mod uninstall this mod  and reinstall those mods.

gisfreak

i just applied the mod this night

and since manageboards.php is failed, then i do manual edit on it, but i stuck on

search :

'permission_mode' => 'normal',

add after :

'min_words' => 0,
'max_words' => 0,

i cant find it in my manageboards.php file  :o

only find this that contain string "permission_mode" :

// With permission_enable_by_board disabled you can set some predefined permissions.
if (empty($modSettings['permission_enable_by_board']))
{
$boardOptions['permission_mode'] = (int) $_POST['permission_mode'];
$boardOptions['inherit_permissions'] = false;
}

what should i do ? need help here  :)

NOTE : manageboards.php attached, please take a look on it

ethankcvds

Search for:
$context['board'] = array(

after:
'url' => '',

add:
'permission_mode' => 'normal',
'min_words' => 0,
'max_words' => 0,

gisfreak

ethankcvds

I'm planning after next week to start adding features. Also just letting those who need support with this mod know that I am subscribed to this topic.

ethankcvds

Sefket

I have a question. I want to know if its possible if I can apply this mod to just certain forums that I wanted and not globally. And if that's possible, which version do I download for 1.1.15? Also, any way to keep people from quoting responses without adding their own text as well?(can this be applied with this mod?)

ethankcvds

Quote from: Sefket on November 22, 2011, 10:34:04 PM
I have a question. I want to know if its possible if I can apply this mod to just certain forums that I wanted and not globally.

You can apply the word limits on a board to board basis.

Quote from: Sefket on November 22, 2011, 10:34:04 PMAnd if that's possible, which version do I download for 1.1.15?

Any of the versions up for download will work on 1.1.15.

Quote from: Sefket on November 22, 2011, 10:34:04 PMAlso, any way to keep people from quoting responses without adding their own text as well?(can this be applied with this mod?)

It would require a bit of editing to exclude anything that is inside quote tags.

Sefket

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

SMF 1.1.15

ethankcvds

Quote from: Sefket on November 26, 2011, 02:30:42 PM

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

SMF 1.1.15

I would have said corrupted download, but I just tested the archive myself and it seems to be the archive. So I've repackaged it in a different archive format.

Sefket

There we go, that worked. Only thing that I want to do is make it so people can't just quote the post and click "Reply".(Basically I don't want that as a flaw).

Sefket

I got this:

1.    Execute Code    install11.php    
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageBoards.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Boards.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Post.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english_british.php    Skipping file
11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english_british.php    Skipping file
12.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english_british-utf8.php    Skipping file
13.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english_british-utf8.php    Skipping file
14.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.russian.php    Skipping file
15.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.russian.php    Skipping file
16.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.russian-utf8.php    Skipping file
17.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.russian-utf8.php    Skipping file
18.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.turkish.php    Skipping file
19.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.turkish.php    Skipping file
20.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.turkish-utf8.php    Skipping file
21.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.turkish-utf8.php    Skipping file

ethankcvds

Quote from: Sefket on November 26, 2011, 07:45:10 PM
I got this:

1.    Execute Code    install11.php   
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageBoards.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Boards.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Post.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english_british.php    Skipping file
11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english_british.php    Skipping file
12.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english_british-utf8.php    Skipping file
13.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english_british-utf8.php    Skipping file
14.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.russian.php    Skipping file
15.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.russian.php    Skipping file
16.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.russian-utf8.php    Skipping file
17.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.russian-utf8.php    Skipping file
18.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.turkish.php    Skipping file
19.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.turkish.php    Skipping file
20.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.turkish-utf8.php    Skipping file
21.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.turkish-utf8.php    Skipping file

You'll have to manually edit ManageBoards.php. If you don't feel safe editing the file let me know.

Here is the edit you have to make:
QuoteFind:
$context['board'] = array(
            'is_new' => true,
            'id' => 0,
            'name' => $txt['mboards_new_board_name'],
            'description' => '',
            'count_posts' => 1,
            'theme' => 0,
            'override_theme' => 0,
            'category' => (int) $_REQUEST['cat'],
            'no_children' => true,