News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

New Member Registation EMail To Moderator

Started by ((Kakashi)), September 09, 2009, 12:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

((Kakashi))

I was wondering if there is a way or modification to be able to assign a moderator to receive the new user registration via email?

We have many more moderators than admins, and this would really help things for us.

TheListener

Found this under Global Moderator membergroup

Send a forum email to members

((Kakashi))

Thanks Listener. I don't think this has anything to do with the new member notification email that can be turned on for admins only. I'd like to set this as an option for moderators. We don't want to completely moderate new member registrations, but an email to our moderators can ensure that we swiftly check to make sure new users aren't breaking our forum language rules or other restrictions right off the bat.

Arantor

There's no option for doing this that I know of however it would be possible to modify the code to do so, either by emailing them directly or by PMing them first (which would email too)

I can move this thread to Mod Requests if you like?

BitBass

I'm interested in this.  Please move this to mod requests.

We have a moderator that has permissions to approve new members.  Currently the only way for him to know about new members is to check for them regularly.  An email alert would be much better.

Thanks!

Advertisement: