News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF ruins CSS of my Joomla Template

Started by theanimalix, September 14, 2009, 04:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theanimalix

Hello,

I use SMF embaded in Joomla. When Im in forum, CSS of the template gets ruined. Colors of text gets changed and special character (č,š,ž,ć,...) are not displayed correctly. If I visit any other site on my page, the site works normaly. Any suggestion what could I do

See hxxp:www.next-level.si/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,35/ [nonactive] .

Thx and bye.

H

Moved to Joomla Bridge Support.
Due to Joomla's stance on the GPL there is no longer an official bridge available (SMF bridge for Joomla discontinued). You can take a look at the third-party JFusion bridge or use another support bridge (See the bridge download page)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Taneon

The problem is that once your at forum it takes its CSS (body, wraper,...) for some things (dont know exactly how much CSS :-\). Problem is solved with either optimizing your bridge (so, preaty much a master php thing), getting a better one (SJSB) or optimizing your CSS of the forum so it will send the correct info to Joomla, at those buggy moments that it does so.

Kindred

I don't know abou options 1 and 2...   I don't think the bridge specifically needs optimizing or that other bridges specifically solve this issue.

The third thing is the best...    set your CSS so that SMF and Joomla match.

The fourth option is to change all of the forum CSS to have a prefix... which sets it differently to the joomla CSS...   but that is a poorer option than actually configuring your forum and joomla themes to work together.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Taneon

Quote from: Kindred on September 20, 2009, 10:32:10 AM
The fourth option is to change all of the forum CSS to have a prefix... which sets it differently to the joomla CSS...   but that is a poorer option than actually configuring your forum and joomla themes to work together.
SJSB actually works entirely like this. But my experienced have taught me that this way is buggy and unstable at best (really had bad ones :( )

Advertisement: