Topic Ratings with comments in custom tab mod UPDATED (free or paid)

Started by ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ, September 11, 2009, 02:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Arantor on September 29, 2009, 10:21:00 PM
Quote from: johncccccc on September 29, 2009, 10:19:09 PM
I dont like to bump topics all the time, it has been over a week, I didn't know you were interested lol..

I'd already replied to this topic before so it came up in my unread replies (like most posts in Mod Requests in the last month do)

I did say 'if', this isn't a mod I'm particularly interested in, to be honest. I've seen forums that have it and it's far too easy to abuse.

Well, waiting is something we all gotta do.
Got any examples of "forums that have it"?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Arantor

Most vB ones I've seen have a thread rating mod, and very often it's either not used, used by spammers, or used by people to indicate they disagree with the thread.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

hmm, well, member abusing the ratings system (if/when it exists) on my forum, will immediately know there not welcome anymore, if you know what i mean.

well topic ratings request is still open for takers at this time.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Arantor

So you also need the ability for admins to see who rated what on the threads?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2009, 03:03:09 AM
So you also need the ability for admins to see who rated what on the threads?

Well, that would be a nice feature, but not required if its too much work, but would be a nice addition for administration purposes, ratings will be with comments, thus all the members will know how said what anyway.
If there would be a rate anonymously option, yes the admin should know who posted it.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Arantor

Well, it's still got to be recorded somewhere, and must be available to the admin if you want to del with my question of preventing abuse.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2009, 11:29:46 AM
Well, it's still got to be recorded somewhere, and must be available to the admin if you want to del with my question of preventing abuse.

Yea, I should really Break this down a little, and I think I should rename the request to "Topic Rating with comments" mod.

Topic Ratings mod.

1. A custom tab with rated topics listed
There will be a custom tab named whatever the admin names it example "Topic Ratings".
There will be a brief preview of the topics (1st post only) and a display of one image from the topic (1st post only), (similar to an article from portal mods).

2. Rated topics in chosen boards only
Administrator has the options to choose which boards can have ratable topics.

3. Options to have the ratings moderated.
All moderated members can rate and comment a topic, but it will be moderated by default.
A setting to make ALL members comments and rating moderated.

4. Admin can delete the comment and rating quickly and easily in case of abuse on the comments page.

SMF 2.0 RC5

SoLoGHoST

Well, for what it's worth I just finished my Post Ratings Mod (link in my sig).  Attached are a few Screenshots of it...

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: