News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

After phpbb3 to SMF i have no access as admin.

Started by DJNilo, September 14, 2009, 02:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJNilo

Hi, I'm new to SMF   O:)

I convert my phpbb v3.0.5 to SMF 1.1.10 and everything went well except one thing.

When I installed SMF, I created an admin and password, installation of SMF 1.1.10 went well without any problem.

Anyway. When I was finished with converting to SMF so I logged as admin but it turned out that I am not admin?! I tried both admin's name from phpbb and when I created the SME and none of them works.

I can log in with my admin membership but I have no permissions as admin, instead I am an ordinary member.

Someone who has had the same problem or have a solution?

If you're wondering how I am converting to SMF i did it like this.

First I installed SMF in the same database as phpBB. Smf and phpbb folder is in the same server but 2 different folders/patch.

I put convert.php and phpbb3_to_smf.sql in the folder where I have SMF installed.

Bye  :)

DJNilo

Hi... again!

I want to say I found the solution.
I should have searched before I wrote, sorry will not happen again.

For those of you who may have the same problem give it a try: http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=466 helped me anyway.

Norv

Thank you for sharing either way, and good to hear you got it sorted out!
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: