News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

NiceTooltips

Started by digger, September 14, 2009, 06:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qubbah

hope it can be set widht to make the box not soo long with the wrap text.

digger

Quote from: 4b11l on September 14, 2009, 05:48:38 PM
Very nice mod! Works excellently!

Permissions option or anything like that in the works? Most importantly, not allowing guests to see the preview.

NiceTooltips 1.4
You can disable permission for any usergroup.

4b11l

Quote from: digger on September 16, 2009, 12:48:25 AM
Quote from: 4b11l on September 14, 2009, 05:48:38 PM
Very nice mod! Works excellently!

Permissions option or anything like that in the works? Most importantly, not allowing guests to see the preview.

Thanks digger! Works great!
NiceTooltips 1.4
You can disable permission for any usergroup.

4b11l

Is anyone getting problems with their site being flagged as containing a virus?

This was one of the most recent mods installed on my forum.

It seems like it's a javascript file and it's pointing to ohionotaryone.com

digger

Quote from: 4b11l on September 18, 2009, 02:14:14 AM
Is anyone getting problems with their site being flagged as containing a virus?

This was one of the most recent mods installed on my forum.

It seems like it's a javascript file and it's pointing to ohionotaryone.com

There is no viruses in the mod, of course.

Paracelsus

It looks like a very nice mod.

Before I install it, does anyone have idea of the performance hit it might cause or is it negligible?

digger

Quote from: Paracelsus on September 19, 2009, 06:16:05 AM
It looks like a very nice mod.

Before I install it, does anyone have idea of the performance hit it might cause or is it negligible?

It is negligible if you don't make tooltip size very big.

SilverKnight

Love the mod, it does need a permission for usergroups, i don't really want Guests seeing it.

What i would also like to see, is perhaps a "Thread Starter's Avatar on there too" Maybe make the nicetooltips appear on the front too?

Also, considering you did a great job on it, do you think you could make a tooltip mod for general users on the board index?

All users in the "Users online" section, when the mouse is moved a user, displays their username, avatar and simple stats like posts.

I have attached a example, and a replica of how it should look, i think this will be a nice feature, and expand the neatness of SMF, i considered a join date in there, but i just tried to fit as much as i could, and still make it look nice.

Pinball Nation

Will this mod work with smf 1.1.10?

digger

Quote from: SilverKnight on September 22, 2009, 04:49:30 PM
Love the mod, it does need a permission for usergroups, i don't really want Guests seeing it.

What i would also like to see, is perhaps a "Thread Starter's Avatar on there too" Maybe make the nicetooltips appear on the front too?

Also, considering you did a great job on it, do you think you could make a tooltip mod for general users on the board index?

All users in the "Users online" section, when the mouse is moved a user, displays their username, avatar and simple stats like posts.

I have attached a example, and a replica of how it should look, i think this will be a nice feature, and expand the neatness of SMF, i considered a join date in there, but i just tried to fit as much as i could, and still make it look nice.

I will try to implement this features in a next versions.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hi Digger,

it was a meaningful mod which i was searching for a long time.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

funkenwerner

SMF 1.1.11 in Verwendung

Pinball Nation

Hello, Im trying to uninstall the tooltips mod but i get the mod settings error test failed.Help anyone.The mod installed without any errors.This mod an the twitter mod were the last mods i installed.Im using smf 1.1.10.

digger

Quote from: Pinball Nation on October 09, 2009, 06:26:11 PM
Hello, Im trying to uninstall the tooltips mod but i get the mod settings error test failed.Help anyone.The mod installed without any errors.This mod an the twitter mod were the last mods i installed.Im using smf 1.1.10.

Uninstall mods which installed after Nicetooltips.

BLueSS

How did you get the popups to display without the normal hover (title) text on the links interfering?

digger

Quote from: BLueSS on October 19, 2009, 11:28:55 PM
How did you get the popups to display without the normal hover (title) text on the links interfering?

title=""

Abavagada

I just installed the newest version of this, 1.5, on SMF 1.1.10 board, default theme.
No errors on installation.
However, nothing happens, and the web console for debugging is reporting:
"event is not defined" in overlib_mini.js, line 107.

clothahump

Very nice Digger, clever man. :)

samurai-lupin

Very nice mod! Can you please let me know in whoch file I can set the font size for the preview? Thank you!

digger

Quote from: samurai-lupin on November 23, 2009, 08:31:36 PM
Very nice mod! Can you please let me know in whoch file I can set the font size for the preview? Thank you!

It uses rendered html from forum parser. There is no settings for font size.

Advertisement: