News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

NiceTooltips

Started by digger, September 14, 2009, 06:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai-lupin

Hello, I think adding this option would be good as the preview is very small on my forum and having many eldery members they may find it difficult to read. Best wishes

digger

Quote from: samurai-lupin on November 23, 2009, 08:53:38 PM
Hello, I think adding this option would be good as the preview is very small on my forum and having many eldery members they may find it difficult to read. Best wishes

Ok. I will add this option.

samurai-lupin

kind

oh my god, this is a really very nice mod, congratulations man! this is great!

samurai-lupin

It just missing the option to adjust the font size. Hope this will be added soon.

Prometheus Fire

hmmm...not working. Seems to install fine (though I can't see the admin panel in my admin area in my custom theme).  The tooltip that comes up is just the title of the thread.

Thoughts?

http://leafboxtea.com

digger

Quote from: Prometheus Fire on December 28, 2009, 10:57:01 PM
hmmm...not working. Seems to install fine (though I can't see the admin panel in my admin area in my custom theme).  The tooltip that comes up is just the title of the thread.

Thoughts?

http://leafboxtea.com

You must activate tooltips on the mod settings page.

Mike Vartan

It would be nice if there was an option to disable (or resize) images. Wouldn't want to be casually browsing a forum when all of a sudden a 5000x5000 screenshot invades my page (lol)

Saulbadguy

I installed this mod and it is working, however everytime I go to features and options, the configuration options are not there.

I also get this error:

goemaw.com/forum/index.php?action=featuresettings
8: Undefined index: NiceTooltips
File: /home/goemawco/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php
Line: 153

digger

Quote from: Saulbadguy on January 25, 2010, 08:46:57 PM
I installed this mod and it is working, however everytime I go to features and options, the configuration options are not there.

I also get this error:

Are you using English language files?

Saulbadguy

Quote from: digger on January 25, 2010, 09:00:31 PM

I also get this error:

How/where do I check this? Sorry.

Saulbadguy

Quote from: Saulbadguy on January 25, 2010, 09:05:31 PM

I also get this error:

English UTF8

digger

Quote from: Saulbadguy on January 26, 2010, 12:31:31 PM
Quote from: Saulbadguy on January 25, 2010, 09:05:31 PM

I also get this error:

English UTF8

Add this strings into your Modifications.english-utf8.php file

Code (php) Select

$txt['NiceTooltips'] = 'Nice Tooltips';
$txt['NiceTooltips_lenght'] = '[NiceTooltips] Number of characters to display in the tooltip (0 = disable)';
$txt['NiceTooltips_censored'] = '[NiceTooltips] Words in the tooltip will be censored';
$txt['NiceTooltips_FGCOLOR'] = '[NiceTooltips] Background color of the tooltip. A string value. NOTE: If a hexadecimal triplet is specified for the color, then the leading hash (#) mark must also be included.';
$txt['NiceTooltips_BGCOLOR'] = '[NiceTooltips] Color of the border of the tooltip. A string value. See NOTE above.';
$txt['NiceTooltips_TEXTCOLOR'] = '[NiceTooltips] Color of the text inside the tooltip. A string value. See NOTE above.';
$txt['NiceTooltips_CAPCOLOR'] = '[NiceTooltips] Color of the tooltip caption text. A string value. See NOTE above.';
$txt['NiceTooltips_OPACITY'] = '[NiceTooltips] Opacity of the tooltip. An integer value (1-100).';
$txt['NiceTooltips_DELAY'] = '[NiceTooltips] Tooltip will popup only after a certain delay specified in millisecs. An integer value.';
$txt['permissionname_disable_nicetooltips'] = 'Don\'t see nice tooltips (NiceTooltips Mod)';
$txt['permissionhelp_disable_nicetooltips'] = 'Disable NiceTooltips Mod for this group.';

societyofrobots

I found a bug:
I noticed that on rare occasion it doesn't work. For example, on this board:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?board=5.0
The post titled "you need battlebots help? well you came to the right place" just doesn't show during a mouseover. Others work fine, and I don't see a pattern.

I also liked this below idea:
QuoteAlso, considering you did a great job on it, do you think you could make a tooltip mod for general users on the board index?

All users in the "Users online" section, when the mouse is moved a user, displays their username, avatar and simple stats like posts.

And font size control would be great too!

MrCreatoR

This mode causing a conflicts with Go direct to moved topic.

The mod is not working properly, it's simple not redirecting, just shows the topic content (the message about new topic's location).

Any ideas?

Spuds

I've noticed a problem with FF 3.6 ... maybe others?

When I hover over a subject the tool tip appears as expected, then when I click on the subject I'm taken to the message, again as expected.  Now if you hit the browser back button to return to the topic list the last hovered tooltip is still there and follows the mouse pointer all over the page until you re-hover over a topic and then it clears.

I've attached a screen shot of the hovertip on the page but no where near the topic title.

digger

Quote from: Spuds on February 23, 2010, 10:06:22 PM
I've noticed a problem with FF 3.6 ... maybe others?

When I hover over a subject the tool tip appears as expected, then when I click on the subject I'm taken to the message, again as expected.  Now if you hit the browser back button to return to the topic list the last hovered tooltip is still there and follows the mouse pointer all over the page until you re-hover over a topic and then it clears.

I've attached a screen shot of the hovertip on the page but no where near the topic title.

I can't  reproduce this problem with FF 3.6 & Windows7

Spuds

QuoteI can't  reproduce this problem with FF 3.6 & Windows7

Well that's what I'm using and the picture I attached clearly shows the problem  .... thanks for taking a look

MrCreatoR

digger [?]
QuoteI can't  reproduce this problem
And can you please take a look at my above comment?

digger

Quote from: MrCreatoR on February 24, 2010, 01:55:49 AM
digger [?]
QuoteI can't  reproduce this problem
And can you please take a look at my above comment?

Install "Go direct to moved topic" mod. Then install attached package

Advertisement: