NiceTooltips

Started by digger, September 14, 2009, 06:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

Still looked didnt see where the input for the tips is at.. I am surprised everyone is using this just fine. But some reason where it is at is not obvious to me .... :-(
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

lurkalot

Not quite sure what you mean, there's no settings to show what's included in the tooltip, did you read the description for what this mod does? 

"Description
This mod shows nice tooltips with the first posts previews for the topic's list.
HTML tags from text will be parsed in the tooltip. Mod have admin section for size and color settings."

SaltedWeb

The tool is designed to show the first preview, all its shows is just 4 letters. I have tried setting the amount of character so I was assuming I must be missing another setting somewhere or its not working well for me.
Maybe thats why my information sounds confusing as its not operating correctly I guess.  I read the description thru and read the last 16 pages mostly trying to pin point it.  But in a test board the tips just shows  Test... nothings else.
I'll keep poking around thanks for the help though.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Steve

Set to the number of characters to something like 1000 and save the page. See if that changes anything.

I also don't understand what this default message is you're trying to change.
DO NOT pm me for support!

SaltedWeb

When you hover over the area the tool tips should be it only shows 4 character, I have set the allotted amount
to even 5000 and no luck.

I set up a test board so I could test the hover for tool tip and it only gives this  T..... . Where Test Board was the input on the board.
This is a fresh install with only a few mods, no errors shown.
Please consider this resolved as I just uninstalled it as somewhere there has to be a compatibility issue
however with no errors I can't track why it wont show the full character.
This is also in my OP I asked if there was other settings because the few little settings there changed very little
to find a solution.
Don't want to waste anyone else's time on it, it was a interesting mod but not worth loosing sleep over to resolve.

Thanks again.

lurkalot

Quote from: SaltedWeb on November 30, 2017, 11:30:19 AM

When you hover over the area the tool tips should be it only shows 4 character, I have set the allotted amount
to even 5000 and no luck.

I set up a test board so I could test the hover for tool tip and it only gives this  T..... . Where Test Board was the input on the board.
This is a fresh install with only a few mods, no errors shown.
Please consider this resolved as I just uninstalled it as somewhere there has to be a compatibility issue
however with no errors I can't track why it wont show the full character.
This is also in my OP I asked if there was other settings because the few little settings there changed very little
to find a solution.
Don't want to waste anyone else's time on it, it was a interesting mod but not worth loosing sleep over to resolve.

Thanks again.

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I'm still using NiceTooltips version 1.8 and never got around to upgrading them as it's working just fine.  I haven't tested the latest versions.

SaltedWeb

I have yet to try it out but on another Mod I was trying the Security_mod setting on my server interfered with it.
So very possible it was that messing with it as both seemed to be effecting the same areas. Once I deactivated the security setting the other mod worked may be the same here. I do how ever have other mods installed that all are working well.
If I find a fix in my case I will repost. Just in case someone runs into it like I did.

Obsydian

I was directed to this mod as it does what an older mod does better, however:

How can I fix this?  I can't install it.

Shambles

SaltedWeb

Checking back in never could find out why this Mod wouldn't work did a fresh install no error install or removing it should be working by all accounts but it doesn't seem to do what it should.  I would think host but these guys don't mess much with what clients do and this is the first mod that just lays there and no errors but doesn't work either so tracking a problem is no where to be seen.

diegolyanky

In posts with special characters ( áéíóúÁÉÍÓÚñÑüÜ ) don't show text.

Only appears the --->  ...

See attached image

Any solution for this ?
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

digger

Do you use latest mod version?

diegolyanky

digger

diegolyanky

Quote from: digger on November 29, 2018, 12:33:42 PM
Quote from: diegolyanky on November 29, 2018, 12:12:36 PM
Quote from: digger on November 29, 2018, 12:06:27 PM
Do you use latest mod version?

Yes. Last one.
Is your forum language utf-8 or not?

No. Is not UTF-8.

I use spanish language not utf-8

If topic hasn't any special character, then is showed fine on tooltip.

natcip

I tried installing this mod but I get an error message when I'm running add_settings.php
QuoteFatal error: Uncaught Error: Function name must be a string in /home/www/name/add_settings.php:13 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /home/www/name/add_settings.php on line 13

hooks.php worked fine though

digger

Quote from: natcip on February 22, 2019, 03:27:50 PM
I tried installing this mod but I get an error message when I'm running add_settings.php
QuoteFatal error: Uncaught Error: Function name must be a string in /home/www/name/add_settings.php:13 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /home/www/name/add_settings.php on line 13

You don't need to run php files. Just install mod with package manager.

blogsite

How I get these mods for installation?

natcip

Quote from: digger on February 23, 2019, 05:41:20 PM
Quote from: natcip on February 22, 2019, 03:27:50 PM

You don't need to run php files. Just install mod with package manager.
I always install mods manually because the package manager doesn't work with my host.

Advertisement: