post count = attachment download limit?

Started by g1c9, April 26, 2005, 07:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g1c9

In order to boost posting on my forum, a photoshop-oriented community, I have created a board for members only filled with downloadable files to aid in graphic design. This has caused poeple to register, and THEN just download the files, no posting involved. How can I make it where you can only download a certain number of attachments from a certain forum group depending on ur post count.

I dont want to use the super-member/reg-member/other-member kind of status to regulate it. I want it directly correlated with post count, and ONLY in that forum.

Thantos

Would a simple can/can't download be sufficient?

If so:
Admin -> Edit Permissions -> (board name) -> Local

Then for each group:
Modify -> View attachments -> Disallow

g1c9

no it wont, because i want people to download as much as they can post. that way its not like they can post soo many posts and then just stop and have access even though i keep adding content.
i want it to be like, I ADD ONE, THEY POST ONCE, THEY CAN GET ONE THAT I POST. then that point for the post is erased.. so they cant download until they post another msg..

Thantos

Ok then please state (clamly and clearly) what exactly it is that you would like done.
Please take into account how current members should be handled and how future members should be handled.  Also take into account Moderators, Global Moderators, and Admins.  Lets not also forget our friends the Guests.

g1c9

I have a section called WAREHOUSE, and subforum's filled with posts, each attached with downloads.

The downloads have the extenstion of ASL, for example.

Guests should not be able to download them.

If a member is logged in, they should only be able to download as many ASL files as they have POST COUNT. For example, if they have posted 5 times, they can download 5 ASL files.

As future members start with post count 0, they need to post to be able to download anything.

Those who are already members, should be able to download as many ASL's as they have posted, and this continues as they post more.

Once they have downloaded the ASL, they need to post again to download it again. Unless of course, they have post counts that they have not used.

This would require that there is a list of the number of postcounts they have used up compared to the number of times they have downloaded an ASL file.

This rule of downloading only applies to that certain extension.

Any more clerification needed? Just ask.  :D

g1c9

g1c9

Advertisement: