News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Random 500 internal server errors

Started by plusev, September 18, 2009, 04:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrsson

Are you aware that your site is set to show debug information?
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

SoLoGHoST

plusev, just ran into this topic here at SMF => Twenty-two things you can do to make SMF go faster, perhaps this can be of some help?

plusev

I tried quite a few of those tips but none seemed to have any effect. I also did a fresh install of 2 1.2 with no mods and still got the same search errors. The hosting co gave up on working on it and I've almost thrown in the towel myself.

Thx, +EV

SoLoGHoST

Oh, Sorry to hear that.  Well, perhaps changing to a different host would resolve the problem then.

Well, Good Luck bro!

plusev

Does this mean anything to anyone? Enabled error logging for php and got the following error which coincided with a 500 error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function phptrinfo() in //web/error.php on line 2

Thx

Tristan Perry

Where did you get that error.php file from? It contains a typo - it should say "phpinfo()" and not "phptrinfo()" as it currently does.

plusev

The error.php is from the hosting co. The .info was mine and the name is correct. I noticed that too - makes no sense

Tyrsson

Do you still need help with this issue or has it been resolved?

plusev

Turns out it was a misconfig of PHP on the server from when I had them upgrade to the latest version. Only took them 3 months to correct. Thanks for the follow up.

SoLoGHoST

Well, that's good to know that you got it fixed afterall.  Shame it took them 3 months to figure this out though.

Tyrsson

Advertisement: