News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Check for Duplicates

Started by speedyuk7, September 21, 2009, 10:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedyuk7

Hi, I'd like a mod that will show 'Check for Duplicates' like here:

On the members tab

A mod like that will be extremly useful for me, as on my site we do not allow multi accounts, and it will help me to find out the people who break the rules.

Hope someone could make this, thanks!

Arantor

If you're relying on IP address it will be about as reliable as guessing.

IP addresses do not, have not and never will identify a given user specifically. Many users will see their IP address change periodically - over which they have no control. Other users find it changes every single page request.

Most forums don't allow multi accounting but for those who are even remotely clever, they'll use a proxy to hide their IP anyway, nullifying this whole process.

TheDisturbedOne

*whispers* It's already part of the SMF software, Arantor.  speedyuk7 is just asking for it to be in the member's list as well. */whispers*

Arantor

Would someone like to show me where it is then please because I can't find it at all.

TheDisturbedOne

2.0.  Go to registration, settings, and change member approval to Admin Approval (or whatever the string got changed to in 2.0).  Then go to admin, members, and the last tab it will have a list of members waiting for approval.

Arantor

That would be why I never saw it; I don't have forums on Admin Approval.

* Arantor probably should take a break, is seeing things that aren't there...

speedyuk7

As it is on 'awaiting approval', it is also on 'awaiting activation'. All I want is so it would be on members tab too. Thanks

Arantor

Please attach your Memberlist.template.php file.

speedyuk7

speedyuk7

Hi, any updates on this please?

Arantor

Apologies for the delay - I have been busy elsewhere the last couple of days unfortunately.

Try this version.

TheDisturbedOne

Quote from: Arantor on September 24, 2009, 07:49:50 PM
Apologies for the delay - I have been busy elsewhere replying to every post on SMF.org the last couple of days unfortunately.

Try this version.

Arantor

Not to mention writing one mod, working on a second, negotiating a business transaction, applying for other jobs and sleeping in there somewhere.

speedyuk7

Thanks mate really appreciate your work!
Unfortunately it didnt work :( All it changed is that I have      [       at the bottom of member list.

Arantor

speedyuk7

Arantor

speedyuk7

I dunno, I didnt notice any errors the website was working, but the mod wasnt, there was just "   ]  "

Thanks for help

Arantor

If you only got a [, you should have had an error in the forum error log from the moment you loaded that page.

speedyuk7

Advertisement: