News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

defining value in context

Started by brion, September 21, 2009, 02:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brion

Ah ok, I just edited it in, now it says ARRAY in the text boxes, and doesn't update. I searched for msn and copied each one of them and put in my new values.

Arantor

brion

Profile.php

'msn' => array('name' => empty($user_profile[$memID]['MSN']) ? '' : $user_profile[$memID]['MSN']),
'mdetect' => array('name' => empty($user_profile[$memID]['mdetect']) ? '' : $user_profile[$memID]['mdetect']),
'odetect' => array('name' => empty($user_profile[$memID]['odetect']) ? '' : $user_profile[$memID]['odetect']),

'msn' => array(
'name' => empty($_POST['msn']) ? '' : stripslashes($_POST['MSN'])
),
'mdetect' => array(
'name' => empty($_POST['mdetect']) ? '' : stripslashes($_POST['mdetect'])
),
'odetect' => array(
'name' => empty($_POST['odetect']) ? '' : stripslashes($_POST['odetect'])
),

brion

Find anything out? Remember it's just not updating. Is there a spot I missed in a script where it sends the query to the database?

Arantor

I'm just completely confused with all the stuff you've done, especially given that there is a mod that will do all this for you.

brion

I have just done exactly what you all have been telling me to do.
The reason I don't want another mod is because it can seriously mess up my forum.

Arantor

I haven't advised most of the things you've done thus far.

The solution to your concern is to have a second forum that is a test version of things. Try the mod on that, and if it breaks it you know not to do it on the live version. (It's what I do all the time. The scale of edits I've done I wouldn't dare do live)

Kays

Quote from: brion on September 26, 2009, 10:31:04 AM
The reason I don't want another mod is because it can seriously mess up my forum.
Not anymore than what you are doing now. All mods need to be approved before they are released so they should be safe to use. The main problem you will encounter is if another mod has altered code that it is looking for. But then there will be an error shown before you can install it. Since you do have knowledge of PHP, it shouldn't be too difficult to find the conflict and fix it.

For your current problem, Take a look at the MySpace mod. It does basically what you're trying to do. Use it as a guide.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

brion

Sorry, but this modification does not appear to be compatible with the selected version.

Kays

Parse it for the latest version you can. What you are looking for is the steps it takes.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Arantor

It should allow you to parse using 1.1.9 - and nothing changed between 1.1.9 and 1.1.10 that would affect this mod.

brion

Well I checked 1.1.9 and it said it isn't compatible.

brion

Whew ok I have been working on it and double checking everything. It's 95% done, updates the database and all. Just one thing left.

When viewing a profile, even my own. It says

Main Detector: Array
Other Detectors: Array

Which script would that problem be in?

Kays

Take a look at the code for MSN in Profile.template.php and see what the difference is. I'm suspecting that you are using that as your guide.

My Mods

Advertisement: