I would like to match my forum with the rest of my site

Started by DEK24, September 16, 2009, 10:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEK24

I know it can be done. I've seen other sites.

Basically my site is a uniform look like such

http://johnnyjungle.com

but my forum looks like

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum

I'd like to keep the header, footer, and side bar of my wordpress site and put the forum inside of there so everything is uniform throughout the site.

How do I go about doing this?

tyty1234

All I can say that is if you have your forum "inside" your wordpress container, then that would be a really tight fit, and really skinny forum.

But if that is what you want, you would have to manipulate the wordpress code and include it with SMF files.
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

DEK24

well how do I go about doing that is more of my question? I guess I could not include the black sidebar because you're right it would be pretty skinny. I'd also drop the side simpleportal boxes in my forum as well.

How do I get my site Header + Footer and then my forum inbetween?

tyty1234

Well, i'm not familiar with wordpress code, so you could ask some wordpress coders on how to get it done, or try the SMFWordpress plugin.
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

NickC

I've done this for a few sites. I create a new theme based on the default and modify the index.template.php and css files starting with the wrapper divs then working from the top to the bottom until it's done. If you paste the html code from a forum page into a design environment, you can quickly work out which css file you need to edit for each change.

You also need to paste the menu code from the main site into your SMF template.

This site in my signature is built with Joomla!, with an SMF forum.

Advertisement: