News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

mybb to smf problem

Started by abcd789, September 22, 2009, 01:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abcd789

hiee friends i have installed smf now... previous i had mybb... i want my mybb database to smf... how to do that... plzz give in detail... i m newbie to here..... thank u all in advance....

TwitchisMental

Norv

Please check out the step by step explanations here:
Converting to SMF

As noted in the documentation, our Converters page or the page linked by NBK*Twitch offers the converter for download, too.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

abcd789

Path to SMF:     --------------------

This may be the right path.

Path to MyBulletinBoard 1.4:    ------------------------

You will need to change the value in this box.

SMF database password:    

The MySQL password (for verification only.)
Set SMF's default character set to:    

Empty the convert error log?    

sir.... in the smf path i have kept... my forum url and /forums and in the mybb path i have kept mysql database rar file in the smf folder in packages\backups folder and i had given smf database password of my site.... bt eror coming....

Unable to find the settings for MyBulletinBoard 1.4. Please double check the path and try again.

wt to do plzzz tel sir...

JBlaze

Path to SMF: /home/{user}/public_html/mydomain.com/SMF
Path to MyBB: /home/{user}/public_html/mydomain.com/MyBB
SMF Database Password: The password assigned to the database user for SMF database.

Also, please have a look at these topics
Looking to convert to SMF?
Converter Tools
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

abcd789

sir as u said first i have given like this...

/home/sivaram/public_html/domainname.net/forums

/home/sivaram/public_html/domainname.net/Mybb

this eror coming

This converter was unable to find SMF in the path you specified.

Please double check the path, and that it is already installed there.

if i give the path like this....

/home/sivaram/public_html/forums

/home/sivaram/public_html/Mybb

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.4. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

this is the erors coming... plzz tell sir... now wt to do....thank u in advance...

Norv

The second paths are correct, it seems.
Please make sure the user of the SMF database has access to the database of MyBB. You might find a way to do that in your host's control panel, or ask your host about it. Alternatively, you could install SMF in the same database as MyBB is: only make sure you specify a different prefix, like "smf_" should be the prefix, and the database used by MyBB should be the database name, with the same user and pass.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

abcd789

sir.... my cpanel is with me only... what i want is... my mybb users database to smf database.... and if possible threads n posts too....can u do that  for me.. plzzz..... getting confusion....thank u in advance....

Norv

There should be a way to do it in cpanel: to make sure that the user you see there, defined for the SMF database, has all priviledges in the MyBB database. Like it's possible to define a user, it should be possible to modify the user so it has access to MyBB database.

Alternatively, please try to install SMF on the MyBB database, that is, re-upload the installation package in "forums", over your current files, and run the SMF installer. When it asks for database information, make sure to tell it the same database name, user, and pass that MyBB has. Then let it install there.

abcd789

i have installed smf in same folder mybb ... then i uploaded converter to that folder and runed... then still same problem....  paths for mybb and smf are same.... then i runed.. still same error

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'sivaram_admin1'@'localhost' for table 'users'

--

so now what to do... is it posible... to get my mybb data to smf... plzz help... more time is taking sir.... :(

Norv

They don't need to be installed in the same folder (on the contrary, they should each have their own folder). I said above that they may share the same database.

More detailed: please note that you have two options.
Option 1:
When SMF is installing, you have a page when it asks for database information:
- database server - this should be the same as MyBB database server, usually "localhost".
- database name - this is most important: it should be the same database name as the MyBB database.
- user - the same user as for the MyBB database
- password - the password of the above user.
Finish the installation, in its own folder, not MyBB folder, and it should be okay.

Option 2:
Look in cpanel at the databases in your account, and try to edit the users defined for the database for MyBB: add the same user and password that you entered for the SMF database during installation. If you don't remember what user it is, you can find this user information in your installed SMF forum, in Admin > Server Settings.
I don't know where/how more exactly you can set the user in cpanel. You could also ask your host to do it for you: to give the user of the SMF database access to the MyBB database. They should know what to do.

Advertisement: