News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

problem upgrading from 2.0 RC1-1 to 2.0 RC1.2

Started by hijinx, September 28, 2009, 03:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrsson

PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

hijinx

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

That took care of it! My host said it wasn't an chown issue, but it was related to the server move. They fixed it up this morning and within seconds i was able to upgrade! phew!

Thanks again.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

hijinx

yikes, i just noticed something...

the upgrade went through fine, but i'm still having the redirect error, rendering some features unavailable. Ugh.

Since this is marked as solved, should I open a new thread?

Or should I just bite the bullet and do a file refresh? (which I assume you mean just re-upload all files to overwrite existing ones?)

tyty1234

Since it's two different issues, please open a new topic. :)
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: hijinx on October 03, 2009, 02:31:23 PM
yikes, i just noticed something...

the upgrade went through fine, but i'm still having the redirect error, rendering some features unavailable. Ugh.

Since this is marked as solved, should I open a new thread?

Or should I just bite the bullet and do a file refresh? (which I assume you mean just re-upload all files to overwrite existing ones?)

Just use repair_settings.php and get the paths reset. What is repair_settings.php?

hijinx

the paths are all accurate according to repair_settings.php. no luck.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Can you possibly provide the website link so we can see the problem ourselves? It might be helpeful to figure out the problem which might differ a bit then explained ?

hijinx

i PM'd you the link, but since it's only a few admin functions that i've noticed so far that don't work, I'm not quite sure what good that will do.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I see the site running absolutely fine in the default theme.

hijinx

...yeah.

the problem i've stated is that \the forum has been working fine, but when i try to certain featurwes, like looking at the error log, tracking a user's IP, or banning a user, those options aren't available to me as an admin. it just redirects me to the main forum index. most things are working though. but those features aren't, and they're pretty damn important.

Tyrsson

Quote from: hijinx on October 07, 2009, 01:30:29 AM
...yeah.

the problem i've stated is that \the forum has been working fine, but when i try to certain featurwes, like looking at the error log, tracking a user's IP, or banning a user, those options aren't available to me as an admin. it just redirects me to the main forum index. most things are working though. but those features aren't, and they're pretty damn important.
Can you Pm me some login details. I will try to look into this later today.

hijinx

Tyrsson

I am getting a 500 internal server error. Have you made any changes to the site since you PM'ed me the information?

hijinx

my host just temporarily disabled me for high CPU usage. They do this a lot. I'm frustrated. I'm switching hosts. I'm going to mark this as solved since I'm literally just switching hosts and doing a fresh SMF install and importing my database. I'm sure that should take care of it.

If you have a site that gets any traffic, NEVER use lunarpages.com as your host. they give you unlimited bandwidth, but their CPU usage doesn't support that bandwidth. the minute you get a popular site, it's nothing but headaches.

thanks so much everyone, the first issue was solved really quick and i appreciate your help in getting it done.

Tyrsson

Your very welcome. Its hard to trouble shoot etc, when a host is shutting the site down.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask. Below is some info you will find helpful about moving your site.

How do I backup my database?
How do I backup my SMF forum?
How do I move my SMF forum to a different host?
How do I restore a database backup?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I have lunarpages and traffic to my site and works fine, and fast

You should check all codings as some things may work but cause high server loads without you really knowing until you get booted

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

hijinx

Quote from: johncccccc on October 08, 2009, 08:09:12 PM
I have lunarpages and traffic to my site and works fine, and fast

You should check all codings as some things may work but cause high server loads without you really knowing until you get booted

they suspend me every other once even though my activity stays consistent, and always tell me specifically it's because i have too many users on my forums. a quick google search for lunarpages reviews tells me that just about everyone with high traffic sites runs into this problem. I'm glad your site doesn't run into this, you're lucky :) hopefully your forums popularity stays where they won't shut you down.

i've spent close to 5 years with them and they've been nothing but headaches, i finally threw in the tall today and transferred my forum to a new host, and they literally responded to a ticket i opened in 2 minutes! that blew my mind because with lunarpages it usually takes close to 48 hours.

i'm still having this problem on the new host, but i'm going to open this issue up in a new thread since i have more information on it, and my new host has much better error logs!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Well Ive had some busy days, but then that's not so consistent, according to records (forum stats) I have had 48 online (at one time) most of the time however, I'm seeing between 20-30 online daily.

If this was similar traffic to your traffic then I will contact Lunarpages myself, I wont let them walk all over me, I already came from "fatcow hosting", they gave me so many headaches, Installing any mod would throw a 500 error, I checked everything, finally I threw fatcow support competition from a free host to show them I was doing everything right.
Once that was said, they would not refund my full amount, saying something about a 20% return fee to which I said F$#$ Y^%, and opened a PayPal dispute after a few days telling them that, then I got a full refund, long story short, those hosts will try to screw you in way way they can, DONT LET THEM!

As for Lunarpages, everything has been so perfect for me since hosting with them, fast speeds, literally 0.01% downtime, (never down) no stupid 500 errors, or half loading scripts, its perfect, Im on the server "Crikey" maybe thats just a good server to be on lol..
==============================================================================================

And you say your encountering the same problems on this new host, What host is it?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

hijinx

oh, sorry, not the problem of being suspended without notice, just the problem with some of my admin functions not working properly. sit it's not the host, it's definitely something wrong with my script or database.

Advertisement: