News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Additinal Link on Post.Template

Started by aw06, September 30, 2009, 05:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

Ok, i need an addition click-able Link on the post.template page ... right above the "Additional Options..." link...
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Sabre™

Gonna need more info mate lol
Or you could just carry on and add it before
// If the admin has enabled the hiding of the additional options - show a link and image for it.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Arantor

So, this is for 1.1, guessing it's on a default template.

What would the link look like, where would it be on the page, and where would it go?

Sabre™

Yep, thats the addition info I referred to lol
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

aw06

Quote from: Sabre™ on September 30, 2009, 05:38:10 PM
Gonna need more info mate lol
Or you could just carry on and add it before
// If the admin has enabled the hiding of the additional options - show a link and image for it.

Was wondering if i could simple paste <a href="url">Link text</a>  above that ...

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2009, 05:49:17 PM
So, this is for 1.1, guessing it's on a default template.

What would the link look like, where would it be on the page, and where would it go?

I'm don't have access to test, hence why I'm posting

Just need the Plain Jane Hyperlink ..
<a href="url">Link text</a>
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

It's not quite as simple as that - the above code is actually in PHP, and very likely it wouldn't end up where you expected because the whole thing is in a table layout in 1.1.

Thus we'd need to know where on the page you wanted it.

aw06

Quote from: aw06 on September 30, 2009, 05:02:53 PM
Ok, i need an addition click-able Link on the post.template page ... right above the "Additional Options..." link...

^^^^^^^^^^ Above it ... or below .. either

OOORRR !!!

Centered Below the [Post | Preview | Spell Check]

Arantor

As part of the additional options collapsable items or not?

If above/below Additional options, where on the page - left, middle, right?

Please pick a single place you want it and we'll show you where to add it. It makes no difference in complexity terms where you want it.

aw06

Ok ... I will take one link directly below Additional options aligned left,

and another link Centered Below the [Post | Preview | Spell Check]

8)

Arantor

Please attach your Post.template.php here - while you may have a completely fresh one, if you've got any mods that have affected it, it might disarrange any instructions we give.

aw06

attached .. o yeah .. link should open in new window target=_blank

aw06

Arantor

Sorry, I've been distracted with some RL business, so I haven't had chance to get on this. Please note we'd normally ask 24 hours in between posts.

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2009, 08:26:33 PM
Sorry, I've been distracted with some RL business, so I haven't had chance to get on this. Please note we'd normally ask 24 hours in between posts.

ok, no prob ...

aw06

aw06

BUMP ....

As mentioned above ... need to drop a clickable link right above the "Additional Options..." on the post page..

Arantor

I'm still not clear what you want.

One link or two, on one or two lines, and where should these links go to?

aw06

Need 1 link, figuring if i need more i can just copy and duplicate the code ... see pic below for what i need...

Arantor

Unfortunately it's not quite as simple as that.

There is a table structure involved and it means figuring out where to add the link in the table.

aw06

Hmm ... thought it was a fairly simple edit :-\

Advertisement: