Additinal Link on Post.Template

Started by aw06, September 30, 2009, 05:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

Ok, i need an addition click-able Link on the post.template page ... right above the "Additional Options..." link...
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Sabre™

Gonna need more info mate lol
Or you could just carry on and add it before
// If the admin has enabled the hiding of the additional options - show a link and image for it.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Arantor

So, this is for 1.1, guessing it's on a default template.

What would the link look like, where would it be on the page, and where would it go?

Sabre™

Yep, thats the addition info I referred to lol
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

aw06

Quote from: Sabre™ on September 30, 2009, 05:38:10 PM
Gonna need more info mate lol
Or you could just carry on and add it before
// If the admin has enabled the hiding of the additional options - show a link and image for it.

Was wondering if i could simple paste <a href="url">Link text</a>  above that ...

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2009, 05:49:17 PM
So, this is for 1.1, guessing it's on a default template.

What would the link look like, where would it be on the page, and where would it go?

I'm don't have access to test, hence why I'm posting

Just need the Plain Jane Hyperlink ..
<a href="url">Link text</a>
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

It's not quite as simple as that - the above code is actually in PHP, and very likely it wouldn't end up where you expected because the whole thing is in a table layout in 1.1.

Thus we'd need to know where on the page you wanted it.

aw06

Quote from: aw06 on September 30, 2009, 05:02:53 PM
Ok, i need an addition click-able Link on the post.template page ... right above the "Additional Options..." link...

^^^^^^^^^^ Above it ... or below .. either

OOORRR !!!

Centered Below the [Post | Preview | Spell Check]

Arantor

As part of the additional options collapsable items or not?

If above/below Additional options, where on the page - left, middle, right?

Please pick a single place you want it and we'll show you where to add it. It makes no difference in complexity terms where you want it.

aw06

Ok ... I will take one link directly below Additional options aligned left,

and another link Centered Below the [Post | Preview | Spell Check]

8)

Arantor

Please attach your Post.template.php here - while you may have a completely fresh one, if you've got any mods that have affected it, it might disarrange any instructions we give.

aw06

attached .. o yeah .. link should open in new window target=_blank

aw06

Arantor

Sorry, I've been distracted with some RL business, so I haven't had chance to get on this. Please note we'd normally ask 24 hours in between posts.

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2009, 08:26:33 PM
Sorry, I've been distracted with some RL business, so I haven't had chance to get on this. Please note we'd normally ask 24 hours in between posts.

ok, no prob ...

aw06

aw06

BUMP ....

As mentioned above ... need to drop a clickable link right above the "Additional Options..." on the post page..

Arantor

I'm still not clear what you want.

One link or two, on one or two lines, and where should these links go to?

aw06

Need 1 link, figuring if i need more i can just copy and duplicate the code ... see pic below for what i need...

Arantor

Unfortunately it's not quite as simple as that.

There is a table structure involved and it means figuring out where to add the link in the table.

aw06

Hmm ... thought it was a fairly simple edit :-\

aw06

OK, can you give me the raw code to use ,,, i will trial and error it until the placement is correct ..

I don't think i can use just this code alone
<a href="url">Link text</a>

aw06

Ok, I'm trying this code ...  :-\ .. but it's not working :-[ .. need the correct format..

//Code for Clickable Link
if($context['user']['is_logged'])
<a href="http://linktourl.com">Text Text Text</a>;

// Code for showing and hiding additional options.

Where am I going wrong ??

Arantor

The problem is the table structure. The area to the left of the post box is one td, the post box is another.

aw06

ok, so technically how would i generally call it into the page ??? whats missing from my code ?

Arantor

This is why I wanted to know exactly where you wanted it, to give you the precise code to add.

aw06

ok, the pic i attached it exactly where i want it ... above....

// Code for showing and hiding additional options.

Arantor

Both links?

In the left or centre or right?

aw06

Are you seeing the pic i attached ??

For now just need one link .. exactly above the 'Additional Options..."

aw06

Are you seeing the pic i attached ??

For now just need one link .. exactly above the 'Additional Options..."

Arantor

Yes, I saw that. Doesn't change what I'm getting at, at all.

I note you asked for two links. Are they both there, on the left? I seem to recall mention that one should be in the middle. If they're both in the left, are either likely to be wider than the space to the left of the postbox?

All of these are relevant, by the way, as I need to know whether to make a single row that spans both table columns or not, or two rows, even.

aw06

Ok, forget about the link in the middle ...

Right now i need just one link on the left ... the text i plan to use it will be no wider than the 'additional options.." text

Arantor

And where does this link go and should it be in red or some other colour?

aw06

You can point it to www.shopinja.com [target=_blank] for now... it can be red ... but these are all values i can go in and change no ???

Arantor

Sure they are, but I'd rather give you the final code and just be done with it.

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on October 20, 2009, 06:01:25 PM
Sure they are, but I'd rather give you the final code and just be done with it.

OK kool, no problem

Arantor

The attached version has the link in red in the place you've asked.

aw06

OK, will have a look abit later ...  8) have to go on the road now ..

aw06

OK,,,, for a slightly better layout i changed your code abit ... code I'm using is this

// If this message has been edited in the past - display when it was.
if (isset($context['last_modified']))
echo '
<tr>
<td valign="top" align="right">
<b>', $txt[211], ':</b>
</td>
<td>
', $context['last_modified'], '
</td>
</tr>';
echo '
<tr>
<td align="left" colspan="2">
<b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a style="color:red;" href="http://shopinja.com/forum/index.php?topic=4.msg4#msg4" target="_blank">ShopinJA.com Disclaimer !</a></b>
</td>
<td>
</td>
</tr>';

Basically it allows me to move the text and line it up with the addition options text .. See pic below..

Can you just verify that this code is infact clean and tidy

Arantor

If you're using colspan="2", remove the empty <td> after it.

aw06

like so ??

Quote<td align="left" colspan="2">
                                 <b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a style="color:red;" href="http://shopinja.com/forum/index.php?topic=4.msg4#msg4" target="_blank">ShopinJA.com Disclaimer !</a></b>
                              </td>
                              <td>
                              </td>
                           </tr>';

And it's ok to use all those spaces ?? &nbsp;&nbsp; can i not use some padding to control it as well ?

Arantor

Sure you can use padding-left, in the td, but that works as well.

aw06

Ok kool .. this one solved ... code now looks like
echo '
<tr>
<td align="left" colspan="2">
</td>
</tr>';

Actually flows better with the extra <tr></tr> gone  :D as the page was abit wider with it ...

Now if you can tell me where to add those <tr></tr> in the moderator checkbox topic i have :P

Arantor

As I think I said to you in that thread, it isn't just as simple as having the link, you also have to modify the code to process both rather than one or the other.

aw06

OK kool ... will give you some more time to look into that one ...

Final Product 8)

Arantor

Advertisement: