News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

lighten a gif

Started by sussertown, August 05, 2005, 04:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sussertown

I have a gif I'm using as sort of a watermark. It is in color. When I look at it in Irfanview it appears I lose the transparency of it. If I tell Irfanview to reduce the color or the intensity it seems to change very little. Of course, I have found that Irfanview works great for most uses, but is does not always show the image in it's best light. I tried an online editor and didn't fare much better. Plus, when I finished I was supposed to register. I'm warn out from all the registrations.

What's a simple way to simply lighten this gif so that it appears a little more hidden behind text?

Thank you.

Gargoyle

Open it in MGI photosuite. The fog function does a very good job.

sussertown

The only Photosuite I have is 5. It doesn't like Gifs either.

Gargoyle

Have you thought about converting it to a jpg ??

sussertown

Seems when I convert it I lose the transparent background. It will be printed on a beige colored paper.

dtm.exe

Quote from: sussertown on August 05, 2005, 06:03:57 PM
Seems when I convert it I lose the transparent background. It will be printed on a beige colored paper.

Yes, if you'd like it to retain its trancparency, you'll have to leave it as a GIF.

-Dan The Man

Mystica

Quote from: sussertown on August 05, 2005, 06:03:57 PM
It will be printed on a beige colored paper.

Do you need the watermark just for printing? You could aswell use a jpg then, because the white parts of course don't get printed.
Otherwise you might want to try a png to get more transparency options.
~ there's nothing wrong with me, this is how I'm supposed to be ~

Advertisement: