Customizing quick reply box

Started by Rufusmagamenmnon, September 12, 2009, 05:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufusmagamenmnon

Hello there fellow people.

I'd like to remove the text below from my quickreply box, and replace it with BBC buttons and smilies. Can this be done?
"With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post."

Note that I have installed the ajax mod.

Thank you

shadow82x

You can try using this mod - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1299

And to remove the quick reply description in ./Themes/{your_theme}/Display.template.php
Code (Find & Remove) Select
<div class="smallpadding floatleft" id="quickReplyWarning">
', $txt['quick_reply_desc'], $context['is_locked'] ? '<p><strong>' . $txt['quick_reply_warning'] . '</strong></p>' : '', $context['oldTopicError'] ? '<p><strong>' . sprintf($txt['error_old_topic'], $modSettings['oldTopicDays']) . '</strong></p>' : '', '
</div>

Note: That will also remove the old topic warning at the quick reply center.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Rufusmagamenmnon

I did try that one, unfortunately resulting in a horrifying aftermath.

Your solution worked from the default theme folder, thank you.

Now what I'd like to do is prettify the quick reply and add all the smilies and BBC buttons. This is what it looks like now:

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Rufusmagamenmnon

Tried that, didnt work. I am now awaiting support about that mod, but I'm still open to other options.

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

greyknight17

Rufusmagamenmnon, is this issue resolved now? You might have to do some manual editing as mentioned above.

Advertisement: