News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Team Page

Started by Diego Andrés, October 02, 2009, 04:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shades.

Quote from: Shades. on March 17, 2022, 06:36:48 PMHow can I move those links to the left?

I figured it out (easy)...

For anyone else, in TeamPage.template

Find:
        <div class="buttonlist floatright">';

Replace with:
        <div class="buttonlist floatleft">';

We were posting at same time @Diego Andrés  :laugh:

or do like Diego says: :P
Quote from: Diego Andrés on March 17, 2022, 07:15:47 PMIn TeamPage.template.php
div class="buttonlist floatright">';
Remove floatright and it should do it  :P
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Michael Vail

Good Day,

I'm a user of your original Teampage version 3.6 under SMF 2.0. and loved it. I upgraded my SMF 2.0.19 forum to SMF 2.1.1 today and the only thing left to do get your latest version of the Team Page mod (5.2.2) up and running.

I realize none of the original version 3.6 mod settings will import, but that was no big deal because I already had usergroups set up for the members and just needed to create a page in your mod and select the groups to show. Unfortunately, I discovered a problem and was hoping for help.

All of the groups I need to add to my team page are secondary usergroups. Unfortunately, my site will not display any of the secondary SMF usergroups using your current version of the Team Page mod. I was wondering if this is by design or if something is wrong or misconfigured somewhere? The previous version under SMF 2.0.18 allowed any groups to show using the setting " Show members in their secondary groups? YES/NO ", but I can't find that setting anywhere in the latest version of the mod. Without it, I'm dead in the water.

Thank you for the mod and if you have time to respond, I'd appreciate it.

On a side note, I've used SMF for many years but still lack the thorough understanding of how the SMF software works that many others here have. With that said, the setting you have in the mod called "page subaction" was a bit confusing for me and required me to search for a post on your other site where you explained the need for that setting to another user. I generally understand the need and use of that setting, but perhaps you could add the following comment next to the setting in your mod so people like me with limited understanding of the page subaction know what it means:

"The name that you give to each page. Appear in the page url. (e.g. action=teampage;sa=mypage)"

Thanks again and take care.

Diego Andrés

Thanks for the feedback.

The option for secondary groups was removed in the smf 2.1.0 version of the mod.
I might bring it back at some point but haven't decided on it. Will definitely improve the page subaction text with your suggestion.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Michael Vail

Thank you sir. I really appreciate it.

Take care.

Diego Andrés

5.3 - 14 May 2022
  • New Feature Added setting to display members on additional groups.

Tomorrow or other day I'll have a look at this, I forgot about it:
Quote from: Michael Vail on April 13, 2022, 12:16:50 AM"The name that you give to each page. Appear in the page url. (e.g. action=teampage;sa=mypage)"

Michael Vail

Hi Diego,

I just uninstalled version 5.2 and installed 5.3. Unfortunately, 5.3 still won't display the additional group members. It says the groups are empty. Also, after dragging the groups to the left or right panels, the left and right panels only allow one group in to stay in each panel. I can drag and drop them to the left or right panel but when I go back to look at them, only the original group I placed there remains and the others are back down in the unused list at the bottom.

Below are a couple of database errors reported in the SMF database log when dragging the groups around in the Mod settings area:

Quote5ee6fbc6ed380677b20981bce434bb41
 https://www.sonomacountydsa.org/forums/index.php?action=admin;area=teampage;sa=sort
 /home/customer/www/sonomacountydsa.org/public_html/forums/Sources/TeamPage/Helper.php (Line 212)

Backtrace information

Type of error: Database
Error messageSelect

Database Error: Duplicate entry '24-3' for key 'PRIMARY'
INSERT INTO dsa_forums_teampage_groups(`id_group`, `id_page`, `placement`, `position`)
VALUES
(24, 3, 'right', 0)

Quote5ee6fbc6ed380677b20981bce434bb41
 https://www.sonomacountydsa.org/forums/index.php?action=admin;area=teampage;sa=sort
 /home/customer/www/sonomacountydsa.org/public_html/forums/Sources/TeamPage/Helper.php (Line 212)

Backtrace information

Type of error: Database
Error messageSelect

Database Error: Duplicate entry '21-3' for key 'PRIMARY'
INSERT INTO dsa_forums_teampage_groups(`id_group`, `id_page`, `placement`, `position`)
VALUES
(21, 3, 'bottom', 0)
Thanks for upgrading this Mod. Looking forward to having it back up and running when you get time to look at these things.

Have a good weekend.

Diego Andrés

Try the new version let me know if that fixes your issue.

5.3.2 - 14 May 2022
  • Bug Fix Added some more tweaks to keep PG happy.

5.3.1 - 14 May 2022
  • Bug Fix Fixed sorting issues.

Although I might need to change a few more things. Should be fixed now.

Michael Vail

Hi Diego,

The membergroups now stay in the panel they are assigned to after being moved, but when using the any "additional" membersgroups rather than a primary membergroup, the mod still reports the following for any additional membergroup assigned to the team page:

QuoteThe groups are empty or no users were found.

Thank you and sorry this is being a pain.

Diego Andrés

Hello Michael, make sure you are using the newest setting: 'Display members in additional groups'.
Additionally, I forgot to add the language strings.
So new package:

18 May 2022
  • Translation Italian translation provided by Max22
  • Bug Fix Added missing language strings.

Michael Vail

So I just found a new checkbox at the bottom of the settings page that requires enabling to display additional membergroups in the team page. Please disregard my last post reporting a problem with additional groups being displayed.

Thank you.

Michael Vail

Hi Diego,

I saw post #644 above where user zmih requested information on how to rename the "Team" menu button. He was told to edit an unnamed language file and make the change as follows:

QuoteYou can, editing the language file for that

$txt['TeamPage_button'] = 'Team Page';

I'd like to change the button to say 'Staff' for my forum. I took a guess and opened the TeamPage.english-utf8.php file under the default theme and found that setting but changing that area doesn't change the button text on the Menu button. The button only says "Team" and not 'Team Page' so I'm thinking its a different setting somewhere. Any idea what file and setting I need to edit for this? It would be very cool to be able to name the button text with a setting in the Team Page settings area.

Also, how are the members within each group sorted for display? Is there a way to control that? How difficult would be it be show the group members in the Admin area and allow the Admin to drag and drop them in the order the Admin wants them shown?

Thanks for the great mod! Our members love it.

Michael Vail

Ok, please don't kill me, but I discovered another issue. When trying to delete a membergroup from my forum with Team Page installed, I receive the below error upon clicking the delete button:

QuoteFatal error: Uncaught Error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/customer/www/sonomacountydsa.org/public_html/forums/Sources/TeamPage/Groups.php:114 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/sonomacountydsa.org/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php(5792): TeamPage\Groups::Delete(Array) #1 /home/customer/www/sonomacountydsa.org/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-Membergroups.php(109): call_integration_hook('integrate_delet...', Array) #2 /home/customer/www/sonomacountydsa.org/public_html/forums/Sources/ManageMembergroups.php(707): deleteMembergroups(Array) #3 /home/customer/www/sonomacountydsa.org/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php(6042): EditMembergroup() #4 /home/customer/www/sonomacountydsa.org/public_html/forums/Sources/ManageMembergroups.php(66): call_helper('EditMembergroup') #5 /home/customer/www/sonomacountydsa.org/public_html/forums/Sources/Admin.php(499): ModifyMembergroups() #6 /home/customer/www/sonomacountydsa.org/public_html/forums/index.php(191): AdminMain() #7 {main} thrown in /home/customer/www/sonomacountydsa.org/public_html/forums/Sources/TeamPage/Groups.php on line 114

If I temporarily uninstall the Team Page mod, I can successfully remove the membergroup.

Sorry Diego!

Diego Andrés

- Thanks for reporting, that's a new unknown scenario, can be easily fixed.

- There are no utf8 language files in SMF 2.1, if you upgraded the forum, make sure you are editing languages/TeamPage/.english.php

- Members are sorted by name at the moment.

Will look into the issue later today.

Diego Andrés

5.3.4 - 19 May 2022
  • Bug Fix Fixed a bug preventing the removal of member groups.
  • Bug Fix Fixed a strange scenario where the page could have 'ghost' groups.

Diego Andrés

5.3.5 - 09 June 2022
  • Bug Fix Fixed broken template layer.
  • Improvement Removed 'HTML' page type.

Shades.

SMF 2.1.3
Team Page 5.3.5

When trying to create a new page with the subaction "team" and the page type "Groups", I'm getting this error:

QuoteError
Type of error
Database
Error message
Database Error: Field 'mods_style' doesn't have a default value
File
/home/******/public_html/******/Sources/TeamPage/Helper.php
Line
URL of page causing the error
https://******.com/?action=admin;area=teampage;sa=save

Backtrace information
#0: smf_db_error()
Called from /home/******/public_html/******/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 494
#1: smf_db_query()
Called from /home/******/public_html/******/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 802
#2: smf_db_insert()
Called from /home/******/public_html/******/Sources/TeamPage/Helper.php on line 213
#3: Insert()
Called from /home/******/public_html/******/Sources/TeamPage/Pages.php on line 300
#4: Save()
Called from /home/******/public_html/******/Sources/Subs.php on line 6076
#5: call_helper()
Called from /home/******/public_html/******/Sources/TeamPage/Settings.php on line 109
#6: Index()
Called from /home/******/public_html/******/Sources/Admin.php on line 509
#7: AdminMain()
Called from /home/******/public_html/******/index.php on line 192

It doesn't happen on my main forum in which I upgraded the mod from 5.3.4 to 5.3.5 but on a fresh install of 5.3.5 :o

Edit: I removed 5.3.5 and installed 5.3.4 and it works fine but 5.3.5 is throwing the above error.

Edit #2: Seems that 5.3.5 will only work for me if I have 5.3.4 installed first and then uninstall and then install 5.3.5.

Diego Andrés

Does the column have a default value in your database table?
Looking at the install file, the default value is there. I'll investigate.

Shades.

Quote from: Diego Andrés on February 22, 2023, 08:28:09 PMDoes the column have a default value in your database table?
Looking at the install file, the default value is there. I'll investigate.
The mods_style column has a default value of "0" now but I didn't check it before installing 5.3.5 the first time.

Thanks 8)

Shades.

@Diego Andrés I just tested it on a clean SMF 2.1.3 and no problems creating pages so there must've been an issue with my database but it's working fine now, thanks! 8)

Diego Andrés

Alright that's great.
There's some other tiny issue that I keep forgetting about, hopefully I'll push an update next month.  :P

Advertisement: